User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that make you think a lil......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah. Well that sucks. sounds communist to me.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (sorry had to run errand)................i have alot of issues with the media in general. #1 on my list is Newspapers supporting candidates. WTF? their job is supposed to be to keep the public honestly informed about both parties, how can they do that if they are openly supporting one candidate?
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeh germany declared war on un and if we handt moved to attak gemany they would have attaked us, hands-down noquestions aked

The thing that makes me a lil mad (not refering to the original post) are that minorityor christians who insist christains are persecuted by our goverment for not letting tencommandments and stuff be put in federal buildings. my own opinion on that nonwithstanding, the fact that they like to think of themselves as persecuted is just silly. I mean, theyve been in control since Constantine and people have persecuted many natives religions in the name of christanity and now they say THERE persecuted because thy cant put their stuff up in goverment buildings? Thats sad.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actully since Germany, Japan, and Italy had signed the Tripartite pact in sept. 1940, creating the Axis powers, when Japan attacked pearl Harbor we were at war with Germany, Italy and Japan, as they were working together, they just wanted differnt parts of the world, Japan in Asia and Germany/Italy in Europe/North Africa/Near East.

Oh and techacally Bosnia never actully attacked anyone, it was the serbs who decided mass genocide sounded like a good way to deal with them. The US was stopping or atleast attempting to stop ethnic cleansing of white people, (as what happens in africa doesnt seem to matter to them, sorry this is just a small side comment that comes from my own opinions and is not meant to offend anyone)

Personally all the information in the orginal piece seems to me to be horribly biased, however the Metzenbaum/Glenn conversation makes it worth reading.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ July 12 2005,7:09)]Clinton...went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent, Bosnia never attacked us.
    What, so he should have left a madman to slaughter thousands upon thousands and rip a country apart while doing absolutely nothing at all about it? Give me a break....
    And if you would like to see what Milošević did in Bosnia, then take a holiday there. Before the war, it was a thriving country with friendly people. Now......well, its unrecodnisible.
    People struggle to earn enought to just buy a loaf of bread.
    Thousands perished as they escaped from the country.
    Many buildings lie in ruin. They cant be re-built because the country is just too poor. Corruption is rampant and the police is poorly trained, if a crime is commited more then half the time the police do absolutely nothing.
    Muslim Bosnians and Christian/Catholic Bosnians hate each other, a very good example is my home town, Mostar, in which Muslims live on one side of the river and the Christians/Catholics live on the other.
    Before the war there were no such divides.

Now imagine what it would be like if the US and all the other countries didnt help Bosnia. A lot worse then it is now, I tell you.
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as far as the whole christian thing, this was posted on another forum titled "Confused Yet?"

If you have the ten commandments in your courtroom, you lose your job?
    You rip a page out of the Koran, you lose your job?

If you burn the US Flag, it is freedom of speech but if you desecrate
    the koran it is criminal.

If a crime is committed to a minority, it is a HATE crime requiring
    harsher sentencing. However if 19 people murder 3000, you need to learn
    to understand them and it really wasn't their fault?

If you decapitate a US contractor who is trying to rebuild your country,
    it is troubling. If you humiliate a detainee who is intent on killing
    you, it is criminal and you should go to jail?

A teacher can discuss about the muslim religion and the Koran in public
    schools to promote understanding but that same teacher will be fired if
    she/he discusses christianity??

on the Africa comment, remember the whole Somalia incident? that whole train wreck happened cause we went in following the UN rules of engagement. had we been allowed to just take the bad guys out instead of "not firing unless fired on" the whole incident would have been alot quicker and alot fewer of our armed forces would have been killed. the genocide would have been stopped
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starman,
    I had the pleasure of visiting Mostar before the war; it's a beautiful place! They had such a good thing going in the former Yugoslavia. It could have been a tourist paradise and the people could have prospered. It's too bad people let stupid religious and ethnic differences literally ruin their lives and destroy their homes. It's all so senseless!

Rattler: Hate crime laws apply to everyone, not just minorities. Also, teachers can discuss any religion, including Christianity, but they cannot teach any of them as true or official. Desecrating the Koran is not a crime. And the Ten Commandments in the courtroom violates the Constitution by giving that Christian doctrine a veil of official sanction. None of that is really too confusing.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Capslock @ July 13 2005,1:16)]Starman,
    I had the pleasure of visiting Mostar before the war; it's a beautiful place! They had such a good thing going in the former Yugoslavia. It could have been a tourist paradise and the people could have prospered. It's too bad people let stupid religious and ethnic differences literally ruin their lives and destroy their homes. It's all so senseless!
    What you saw was the old Mostar in the height of its glory.....its not like that anymore and it will never be like that again. All because of one madman and his greed for conquest and power. Im glad the US stopped him when they did, otherwise lord knows what he would have done
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast