User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Things that make you think a lil......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's still a right. However, there's been a movement around to pass a Constitutional Amendment to ban flag burning.

I'm not sure what's wrong with people these days, but Constitutional Amendments used to be made to expand and protect individual liberty and rights. Nowadays, they're trying to use the process to restrict rights. It's sad; that's not what the Constitution is for.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Capslock for the first time in this thread i think i am in 110% agreement with you.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heck, I'm going to quit while I'm ahead then! LOL!

Capslock [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh yeh it wasnt a bill our senator tied it was that constitutional amendment thing. i remember now
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see your point there. But look at things from another point of view. We had a number of countries telling use he's got wmds he's got wmds. Well, if we didn't go in, and it turns out he did, what would we look like? And since we went in, we can't just say, oops, we bad, lol, see ya later.

Also, don't forget, technology has improved since the times of those wars in the past.
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tuna, i fully realize that technology has changed things. the numbers are just thatre to put things in perspective. infact i find the numbers for the stuff other than the past wars the most interesting. anyways, as far as Iraq, IMHO i think the country stands a good chance of falling apart once we leave. Sadam was an evil being and the world is a better place without him in power but alot of money went over there that i think would have better been spent here at home. personally i think the well fare system is totally screwed and needs complete and total revamping. it is nolonger a pick me up for ppl down on their luck like it was set up to be. it is now an "employment oppertunity" for those who like to work the system. i have literally heard a 15 year old say that she couldnt wait to have a kid so that she could get a big check every month like her mom. things at home are screwed and need to be fixed fast before the whole system comes tumbling down.

the well fare system needs revamped, we need to dump the whole Indian Reservation system as its screwed up, the heck with special interests and the minority rights. just plain go to equal rights for equal pay, hire the best man(or woman) for the job and screw the whole special interst BS. special interest groups are tearing this country apart. they are only looking at their lil slice of the pie and not the good of the country and the ppl as a whole
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ July 13 2005,6:27)]well i guess we will just have to agree to disagree on that point. i am fully awhare of what the term means, and im sure you fully believe the way that you feel and i can really see that debate turning ugly fast. so.......mutual-disagreement?
    I partly agree with JLIP...

IF we take them into custody, we MUST treat them humanely. This is what separates us as a civilised nation from the savages.

All's fair, however on the battlefield... Kill as many as you can, and only take prisoners if you think you need information, and they might have it, and could be convinced to give it up.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ July 13 2005,6:50)]mutually disagreed lol.

hey i like everyone i've ever had a debate/argument/disagreement with. as long as both people don't take it too seriously ( i hate ppl like that) it's all cool.
    That's the difference between this and forums specifically devoted to politics... the fights get pretty nasty there, and I *do* enjoy throwing down and being a recreational a**hole sometimes. But I come to this site not for rancorous debate, but to trade plants and learn more about them. I don't care if somebody on this forum is 180 degrees adamantly opposed to my political views -- i'll still trade with them, gift plants to them, and share advice with them.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast