What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone order from wistuba?

Has anyone ordered anything from Wistuba.com? They look like they have some interesting plants....

They mention a US distributor as well>... know who that is?

Hello

I ordered form Wistuba once about 3 years ago. He has some neat nepenthes for sale but they are very small plants the largest I received was under 3", it also took about 3 months to ship my order. I would recommend getting everything thing you can here is the USA. You will get much larger plants and they don't have to travel as far. Henning von Schmeling in Atlanta is the US distributor.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

PS. If you would like to see some photos of the plants on arrival let me know.

When I ordered from him over a year ago, I was very pleased. He had some good sized plants at that time. I obtained a great N. bongso clone from him, but that and most of the others I got from him went extinct.

how long did it take for you order to arrive?

I thought Tom Hayes @ Dangerous Plants used to rep for Wistuba also - although I could be mistaken ....

Here is a series of posts on Wistuba (following links leads to a number of interesting discussions - positive and not so positive)

Wistuba

as to ordering from Wistuba, i havent. but i have considered it but not for Nepenthes. they seem to be about the only steady source for Lecanopteris ferns. if your looking for something, email or pm Tony Parobek, if he has it you WILL be happy with the plant he sends. if he doesnt, check Cooks or one of the others, email Peter at California Carnivores. so far i have ordered neps from Tony and Cooks. Cooks plants are on the small side generally but a good value for the money and i have always recieved healthy plants. Tony costs a lil more but the quality and generally the size of the plants are outstanding for what your paying, he is the only place i by from anymore. Wistuba has Helis and some others that most places never have but basically i would leave them as a last resort simply for the fact they are out of the country. try US sellers first, and only then, after you cant find the plant you want got to Wistuba or any other foriegn grower for that matter but thats just my personal opinion

Back