What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would garlic be harmful to cps?

Was wondering if garlic would be harmful to CPs. I've been reading that it is a good natural repellent against aphids, keeping them away from your plants. So does anyone know if Garlic would harm your CP? Thanks.

I don't think it's harmful. I think I have heard of people even using it for aphids.

Yeah, is suggested a recipe I saw online for aphid repellent to a gal in Canada. Don't know of it took care of aphids, but she has no problems with mythological creatures and her social life has gone down hill. That might just be coincidence, but I'm not going to test it out!
smile_m_32.gif

Drowning by overfilling is perhaps the safest approach.

i dont know about aphids but i use to for vampires.

See.... no problems with mythological creatures, as I said. How's you social life, Clint?
smile_m_32.gif

it's great. the people in my head keep my lots of company
smile.gif

STOP THE VOICES!

on a more serious note, for a preventative measure, empty caffein pills and put them in the water with the plant while drowning the aphids, or spray the plants with water with caffein in it (no not coffee). caffein is a natural pesticide.

I have read growing garlic, chives or nasturtiums can repel aphids. Place some pots near your plants and let us know how it works.

You mean to tell me that all I have to do is give aphids some "Essence of No Doz"?

Garlic is only harmful to CPs if they are sauteed with it!

really! caffein is a natural and harmless pesticide.

it can even kill humans if you take enough (but what can't?)

Back