What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's wrong with this pic.

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
Ok I found something odd at a cp site, I took some pics of it and I waht to see if anybody else can spot it. You can ask any question. I'll answer the some of the obvious ones now. I wasn't drunk, It's not photoshoped, and Yes I know it's not a good pic, but I did my best to get what I wanted in the photo. I have clearer pics, but I want to start off with the harder ones first.

13451948RL320084019.jpg

has someone dug something up? maybe on each side off the three small pitchers?

thanks

BRad

*edit* well it makes it harder if the pictures change. /*edit*

I'm gonna guess cultivars growing in the wild....

ok...has the pic changed...lol

idk whats wrong with it?

thanks

BRad

VFTs have been introduced into a Sarr site!
where they did not occur naturally.

or Sarrs introduced into a VFT site..
also not naturally occuring..

Scot

Scott, very close

its a bog that originally had neither sarrs or vft's, and both have been introduced?

Scot

I'm looking for a more detailed info on the plants in the pic, you're so close Scott.

S. leucophylla is not native to that area. (green swamp, NC)

ok am I missing something in this pic? I don't see a pitcher unless thats the bottom on the pitcher off to the right of the pic. I'm so new I don't know. Just asking.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]ok am I missing something in this pic? I don't see a pitcher unless thats the bottom on the pitcher off to the right of the pic. I'm so new I don't know. Just asking.

No when the post first went up it was a different picture.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ July 17 2005,9:32)]S. leucophylla is not native to that area. (green swamp, NC)
yep you got it.

Here are some of the other pics I was going to post, before you guys ruined my fun.

13451893RL426107261.jpg

13451936RL256986349.jpg

13451948O320084019.jpg

13452049O485265741.jpg

13452152O537732092.jpg

13452154O011044092.jpg

I have better pics of the Lecos, these are the pics I tried to get with both vft's and Lecos in the same pic.

sweet.

now the question is...

What(if anything) are they planning to do with them? Someone must have planted them I guess.

The site is behind a school. I think it's a project or something. They must be studing how to screw up the natural flora.

LOL! That's a good one, Ozzy!

-D. Lybrand

Maybe the S. leuc colonized the spot when a seed rode in on the foot of a swallow. An African swallow could probably carry the entire plant.

besides the fact that its atays in africa

Would that be a fully laden African Swallow?

Back