What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is anyone else so anal they...

Is there anyone else out there who uses a tweezers to pull little weeds out of their CP pots? I know I do. I particularly can't stand to see something growing up out of the crowns of my plants. It really irks me.

Nope! Looks like you're in this one by yourself Laura
laugh.gif
. I use mine for pulling out moss when it gets too thick.
smile_n_32.gif

I see... you're not anal yet you use a tweezers to get moss out when it gets too thick???  Interesting. I'm thinking this is the pot calling the kettle black ;)

Uuuug, I am a little better now. I used to trim my VFTs of black material constantly. Now I just am anal about all the DOG HAIR that gets in some of my pots. It drives me up the wall, and the thing is that it isn't in just plants that are outside on the deck, it's in EVERYTHING without a lid. Let's put it this way: if I had easy access tweezers, I'd be using them. As it stands, I'm picking up hair with bonzai clippers, usually works, though sometimes I end up just chopping up the hairs, and it's needless to say that I can think of at least one experience where I made an accidental "cutting."
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ July 22 2005,1:15)]Nope! Looks like you're in this one by yourself Laura
laugh.gif
.  I use mine for pulling out moss when it gets too thick.
smile_n_32.gif
Such a brute!
smile_m_32.gif

I use mine for fungus gnat larvae in the seedlings when I see them writhing on the surface. They are all saying "pick me, pick me !!"

Ummm Est, sounds like you are in my league. Hair or weeds... doesn't matter much. Your actions sound right up there with mine.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I use mine for fungus gnat larvae in the seedlings when I see them writhing on the surface.
 Ewwwwwwww gross!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]They are all saying "pick me, pick me !!"
Thanks for my morning "spit the pop in the keyboard". The visual of larvae saying pick me pick me was too funny.

Yes! I use tweezers to pick out moss and dead insect parts, and a turkey baster to water so don't drip or spill the RO water anywhere but where I want it. I have to force myself NOT to start fussing with the plants every time I get home and see a dead trap on a VFT or something.

I constantly remind myself that I am more likely to kill the plants by constantly fussing with them!

I find that I do the same thing.  I get in there with my tweezers and pull out any unwanted weeds or moss that may be trying to grow in there.  I do not like the looks of the moss getting out of control plus if it gets to thick I feel that it can potentially block the plant for getting oxygen to the soil.  The roots of the moss may not go really deep but if a good green carpet is there, it can surely create a pretty good mass of roots.

compared to you "tweezer people," I'm a lazy slacker.
tongue3.gif

I only pull moss if it starts to outgrow the plant. And I trim leaves /maybe/ once every other month or so....

I basically just "forget" about them, except for water and the occasional insect morsel.

i might if i could find the tweezers

I like the natural look, I trim the weeds down sometimes.

I pull the unwelcome plants, anything other the the type of CP which is supposed to be growing there.

Back