Disclaimer: The reader holds full responsibility for any harm that may befall on the reader, others, or anybody's stuff as a result of following these directions in part or in full. Results are not guaranteed.
IOW, kids don't try this at home.
Anyway, here are my easy, step-by-step instructions:
1. Find someone to drive you down the street when bugs are out. Late afternoon/dusk is a great time.
2. Roll down the window.
3. Accelerate to about 55 mph.
4. Stick your hand out the window as far as you can stretch, holding your hand flat perpendicular to the ground.
5. Watch out for sign posts
6. Ignore any small stinging sensations.
7. After 5 minutes, pull your hand back in.
8. Wipe/scrape insects/insect guts off of your hand and into a container for feeding to plants later on.
My results: 130+ bugs in 5 minutes. These insects are ideal for small plants and pings!