What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rough day.............

well after our fire last weekend i thought i would go out and knock down some grass. a friend of the family had dropped off an older mower at i and a guy that works for us spent 20 minutes fixing it. ran great at the shop. i picked it up this morning and brought it out to the house startedright up. mowed about 100 square feet and it started dieing. after several more trys i gave up as it was to much work yanking on the cord for every 5 feet i mowed. so i gave up and figured i would borrow my dads mower and knock it out tomorrow.

so i went in the house to tear apart my CP and plant set up and redo it. i had spent $120 on a metal shelving setup on rollers. when i bought it i couldnt figure out why i was spending that much but after assembling it i really like it and am going to buy another but not because its an option.......... well as i was re arrainging the kitchen, i didnt realize the only thing allowing my old aluminium shelves to remain verticle was the fact they were leaning on the kitchen table. however i didnt notice this. and i proceeded to move the table. the dang shelves, complete with 4 shelves FULL OF CPS!, began to fold up like an accordian. i grabbed the top shelf and yelled for Darla. only 2 pots were dumped, thank god. Darla helped me move all 4 shelves full of plants onto the kitchen table and a counter. soooooooooo come monday im ordering another $120 shelving system. oh well. rough weekend but im extreamly happy with how ive got my Nepenthes setup. 2 10 gal tanks sit nicely side by side on one of the shelves. ill get pics if no one is using the digital camera tomorrow............i think its time for a nice cold beer and get ready for what ever disaster tomorrow will bring.

A sentence into that second paragraph I was expecting the old mower to fire up and head for the CPs. So, relatively speaking, things turned out pretty well.

lol, i'm sorry!

remind me of when a hosipital bed goes out of control and folds up on you lol.

you shure have been having stream of bad luck lately. i hope everything gets better-soon!

Better dumped than mowed!
smile_m_32.gif

Yeah...I thought you were going to say you got mowed over.
confused.gif

I'm sorry to hear about the CP disaster but I'm glad you are alright. CPs can be replaced but not toes and fingers.
smile.gif

herenorthere, LOL!!!

Back