Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stubborn and scared......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gadzooks! I can't imagine training a bird without clipping its wings. My cousin had an untamed parakeet, and we clipped its wings, and it was happily perching on our fingers in no time! Try that! (Make sure you know what you're doing. It's pretty easy.)

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don't usually recommend you do it yourself because they'd associate you with bad... since they don't like getting their wings clipped.
    If you want to do it yourself, I'd suggest you do it after it's tame, otherwise it will just make it harder to tame it than if you took it to the vet/pet shop (my pet shop does it for free) since it'll hate you :P
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    birdie bread works good too. get corn bread mix and make it with egg and water instead of milk. you can put cinnamon in it they love it. you could also put mixed veggies in it too. don't give up patience and routine. they will eventually get used to it! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] i've got 8 birs and it took and is taking a long time to get them all to do exactly what we want them to do. wing clipping is also a good idea until trained for safety.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EGG?! O.O; I'm not gonna feed Aven an egg! That's creepy on so many levels!

I would NEVER clip his wings myself, 1: I don't know how, 2: There's no way I'd even be able to get ahold of him in order to do it, and 3: He'd hate me even more afterwords! x.x;
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you have 8 birds? wow. I'm almost deaf from their hellish screaming and I only have 2! LOL
    ok, birdie bread... but how exactly do you get them to eat it in the first place? my birds are really picky. They only eat what you don't wnat them to :P Try putting veggies in their cage? they get scared, but put a huge box in the foor and they'll be chewing it in no time. Heck, They have this plant that they love to chew, and one time one of the leaves fell off so I put it in their cage so they'd eat it... well, what do you know... they were scared of it! LOL
    any tips on getting them to eat something else?

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]EGG?! O.O; I'm not gonna feed Aven an egg! That's creepy on so many levels!
    why do people think that giving birds other birds to eat is cannivalism or something? we eat other mammals... we give cow meat to our dogs... what's the big deal? You're not giving your parrot another one of it's species to eat, you're not even giving it another parrot to eat. That's a chicken... EDIT: they're not even in the same family
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OI! You were the one going on about farmers feeding their cows other cows! I don't wanna hear it!
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you have 8 birds?

yeah i do! i love them all, it does get a little noisy but they talk and sing andy griffith most of the time so it's not that bad. the only part that sucks is when i stay up late and want to sleep in they decide to scream until i get up [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img]

as for the bread, some eat it some don't i just put it in their bowls and they at least go and investigate it. if they get scared the first time don't give up just keep giving it to them and they will at least try it. you just give them different foods until you find out what they like. the only things you can't give them is avacados, chocolate, and they are lactose intolerant. you can give them anything you eat. mine love all kids of foods. stay away from a lot of sweets too. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    what kind of birds do you have?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two very smart lovebirds [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] one time they somehow escaped form their closed cage. We assume one opened the door while the other got out, and then the one outside opened the door for the one inside. lol

interesting... I had never thought about them being lactose intolerant but it makes sense.
    Well, I'll try what you said... with something that doesn't rot or go bad. We'd have to go through five lettuces so they'd finally try them :P
    oh, it also has to be something they won't just chuck off to the side, like they do the seeds they don't like (their main food is pellets but we give them seeds as treats)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12