Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I played game cube for the first time

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that would be way cool! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Animal crossing probibly would be a good idea(My sister Aubrie loves the game!). It`s not 2 player though(except when you find NES games on it)

The zelda series is also quite good,it has many challenging puzzles you must figure out,and also you can talk to people around the different islands (On the wind waker) and do favors for them. The violence is also rather "soft" with no blood or dismembered body parts,and the charecters are rather un-scary.

I personally love the Metroid prime games (Especialy Echoes) but they have much violence and echoes has realistic blood and dismemberement of bodies(although not human) so would probably not be suitable. Btw you can play Samus the female bounty hunter of the metroid games on Super Smash Bros. Mellee.

I`m glad you can play games with him He`s learning french?! Thats realy cool
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good luck getting closer to your kid! As an aspergers syndrome 16 year old, i can relate to some of the feelings he must have. My dad isnt that interested in what i like to do all that much, (plant and animal care) In fact, he'd rather have nothing to do with it in the house![img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] Meh, i sneak in critters anyway.
    But you you can support your childs intrests, ESPECIALLY an asburgers kids intrests (like french and video games and whatnot) That will be a surefire way to get involed with him.

-tyrel-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Admitedly, we are on different planets, so to speak, much of the time. He is also naturally gifted in Math, so that is another potential common bond.There is another Asperger teen on our forum, but I'm not sure it is common knowledge. Do you take meds for it? Adderall or Dextrostat or Tenex?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take an anti-depressent And somthing to help with Anxiety. Ive never heard of the meds you talk about. Keep in mind that aspergers more gift than curse, for me, I can find somthing that intrests me and learn all i can about it, like art or living things (or in your sons case ...french). people think that ive been studying a subject for years, even though i only started that particular obbsesion a week ago!

What exactly to those medications do?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A forum friend has a wife who is an aide to a teen with A.S. and his medication is Adderall. Doing a quick Google:

What is Adderall?
    Adderall is a stimulant and appetite suppressant. It stimulates the central nervous system (nerves and brain) by increasing the amount of certain chemicals in the body. This increases heart rate and blood pressure and decreases appetite, among other effects.
    Adderall is used to treat narcolepsy and attention deficit disorder with hyperactivity (ADHD).
    Adderall may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.

Dextrostat is a neural stimulant. In effect, it helps unscrambles what is being perceived. It also has a side effect of appetite suppresant and keeps him up way late. Here's a link to it:

dextrostat

tenex

Oddly enough, they are more used for ADD & ADHD. But this is what has been prescribed.

How are you in social situations? Can you sense, for instance, tension in a room?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im no doctor, but i think aspergers and attention deficit are are completly different things, that may be confused by someone looking at the childs behaviour. (esspecially teachers...) [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] . what is narcolepsy?

I feel tension at times, but it really depends on the situation. Im usually fine at home, But at times i find it hard to work my way into a circle of talking people. It also depends how well i know the people. I also might be a little nervous trying to get help at a store from an employee, but not too often.

keep in mind that every case is different.

keep in mind that

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are right about ADD & A.S. being two different things, with similar symptoms, causing confusion with people who have enough knowledge about these things, but not enough to know what they are talking about. However, there does seem to be some crossover in treatment. I am trusting that the physicians who prescribe meds know what they are doing - I hope.

Narcolepsy: (from a Google search) Narcolepsy is primarily characterized by intermittent, uncontrollable episodes of falling asleep during the daytime.

Are you real good in math? Do you have a way of speaking such that you sound like a "little professor"?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast