Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: I played game cube for the first time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, Math is my greatest weakness...and greatest enemy....

But yeah, people can be a bit flabbergasted when i start talking all scientific like. hee.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have bet anything that you were gifted in math. So much for knowing enough about A.S.! Now when you talk, is it it kinda choppy sounding? Have you ever been told that you interupt or sound rude or condescending? Can you perceive of how things feel differently when you are or aren't on meds? Do you have incredible amounts of energy at precisely the wrong time of day and then struggle to get up for school? These are things we experience our son.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, most aspergers kids are gifted in a few things, but diffrent people have different skills.

Choppy sounding? Im not sure what you mean, but im sure that i talk quite normally. (although i did take speech lessons for a short time when i was very young.) My dad thinks his brother has aspergers, and he tends to repeat things.

About the interupting, Its a known fact that people with aspergurgers have trouble with social skills, But again every case is different. In my case, i try not to interrupt unless its urgent, and ive been told im quite polite, But im a bit shy with new people. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]

I dont think the energy thing is a problem for me, But when i was going to school, ( I've since started my education by correspondence, I was having difficulties) I had an extremly hard time getting up for school. I guess it was partly out of tiredness, and partly out of lack of motavation.

-tyrel-

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gifted like savantism?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Aug. 14 2005,3:01)]gifted like savantism?
    I'm not sure. I think that the Rainman character was a savant, of some sort of Autsim Spectrum disorder, but not A.S. I just don't know enough about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (tyrel @ Aug. 14 2005,1:54)]yeah, most aspergers kids are gifted in a few things, but diffrent people have different skills.

Choppy sounding? Im not sure what you mean, but im sure that i talk quite normally. (although i did take speech lessons for a short time when i was very young.) My dad thinks his brother has aspergers, and he tends to repeat things.

About the interupting, Its a known fact that people with aspergurgers have trouble with social skills, But again every case is different. In my case, i try not to interrupt unless its urgent, and ive been told im quite polite, But im a bit shy with new people. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]

I dont think the energy thing is a problem for me, But when i was going to school, ( I've since started my education by correspondence, I was having difficulties) I had an extremly hard time getting up for school. I guess it was partly out of tiredness, and partly out of lack of motavation.

-tyrel-
    Hard to explain the choppiness. My son did a whole mess of repeating and we had to do a lot of instruction repeating. At first, we were told that he had a "processing problem". Yeah, that's a symptom, but there was more to it than that. were you like the testcase for A.S.? I mean, was the school totally clueless as to what was going on? Did you get any teacher aides to help? Do your folks have websites or discussion forums to talk to other parents and compare notes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I wasen't diagnosed untill i was 14 years old. so up untill then everyone was clueless.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terrific! That's a lot of struggle and confusion in the meantime. This is all realtively new to school districts. My son was the guinea pig in 4 different schools.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast