Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Warning warning!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I think its still being sold here at Lowe's LOL.
    well, when I went to buy some there was only one bag left, and it was all the way back.
    Quote[/b] ]Don't know what dihydrogen monoxide is by the time you finish the article
    darn! I already knew what it was. lol. see? taking chemistry ruins the fun.
    everything can be a "poison". even oxygen is. The free radicals produced from cellular respiration bind to molecules in the cell and I THINK can cause cancer, aging, and other things...
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use it for incubating reptile eggs. i got a buch in my eyes once. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O.O; Wow, didn't know water was so "dangerous"! xD Hmmm, I actually thought vermiculite was a real threat, what happens if they take perlite off the market?!
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (ChronoKiento @ July 28 2005,1:44)]what happens if they take perlite off the market?!
    You will just have to find another way to get your cancer exposure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TheAlphaWolf,

Yeah, free radicals produced by cellular respiration induce mitochondrial aging and damage to nuclear DNA, both of which are associated with increased incidence of cancer. So BREATHING is bad too! I guess that means no more visits to those supposedly benefitial oxygen bars that were once popular out on the westcoast! I guess it also means we all should stop breathing!

ALL THESE CARCINOGENS--AHHH WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

I guess the bottom line is that all products have pros and cons. Tens of thousands die in car accidents every year and your odds of getting into any MVA are about 1:100 per drive. Should the automobile be banned? Same applies to electricity, water (drowning), tylenol (poisoning), most medications, etc., etc., etc.
    Secretary, New England Carnivorous Plant Society (NECPS) http://www.necps.org/
    Member, International Carnivorous Plant Society (ICPS)
    Member, North American Sarracenia Conservancy (NASC)
    Member, The Carnivorous Plant Society (CPS)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These days, almost all objects cause cancer and almost all objects CLAIM to be a cure for cancer, lol. Zongyi
    What you want to do is illeagle here in Canada.
    Email does not work! Use PM or yangzongyi@hotmail.com instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use plenty of water to wet the perlite (or vermiculite) before you use it; that stops the dust problem (at least until it dries).

Giles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the real question is, how high is the risk? I mean, if it's like that drug somewhere that I think doubled the risk for a heart attack in people who took them, I definately don't want to get anywhere near it, but if it's just a .2 percent increase then who cares!
    I won't say if I think they're overreacting or anything unless I know how high the risk is of getting cancer because of it.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast