User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So i hear scott's peat is bad...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the back of my empty bag of peat moss it says. "100% Sphagnum Peat Moss" But on the front it says "Helps retain moisture and NUTRIENTS In POTTED MIXES" <---Could that be a subtle clue of secret fertilizer. :X Or am I looking into things too deeply? :/ Who knows!
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    add schultz to the problematic peat moss too. It had soo much fert yellow balls in it.

sheesh!! just made a new terrarium. Immediately removed it all...well...kinda after 10 hrs. but...its better than letting it die. Its atleast good that I kept the LFS warpped around the bulb. hopefully that protected it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know Lowe's seems to have stopped carrying Sta-Green sphagnum, so that all they carry now are miracle-gro perlite and moss, chock full of fertilizers. Had to go all the way to Home Depot for Scott's unfertilized perlite, and I cna say after about a month of having my plants in a sphagum/perlite mix they're doing fine (knock on wood )
    The Best Part About Being a Sociopath is Never Having to Say You&#39;re Sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have schultz peat moss...i never found any "orange balls" in it. at first i used scotts peat moss and scotts perilite...now its scotts perilite, schultz peat, sta-green vermiculite and i also have some schultz orchid mix...
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't been able to get any Schultz peat that didn't have slow release fertilizer contaminating it. The bag only listed Canadian Sphagnum Peat in the ingredients. Like Vertigo, I've started using the baled sphagnum peat. My plants look healthier and I don't have near the algae problems I did with Schultz peat.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am using shultz as well... i thought it was just peat moss with nothing else. my plants look like crap but i attributed it to my poor plant keeping skills and the brutal texas heat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12