User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 88 of 199

Thread: Don't worry, god's in control

  1. #81
    Cardiac Nurse JB_OrchidGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    3,818
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if thats the case. Going by an altered bible means that every religion out there is wrong and not in conjunction with the real bible. Jesus's religion was obscured by Constantine and the Catholic Church. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

  2. #82
    Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Posts
    9,681
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as long as your happy and positive, all religions are correct. do whatever makes you happy.

    then again some people believe whatever helps them sleep at night.

  3. #83
    zappafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    457
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

  4. #84
    Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Posts
    9,681
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (zappafan @ Aug. 02 2005,4:09)]I believe God because His word has spoken to me. There is no other religion in the world that is so brutally honest about the state of man. He does not tickle anyones ears. You will either love Him or hate Him, the absence of love is hate. Most people hate Him because He is not "tolerant" of other gods or sin and reveals all of our sin in contrast to His word. These are the reasons most people and religions speak evil against Jesus more than any other so called gods. The reason God is attacked is because He will have no other gods before Him , He is holy and He reveals our sin. Some people ,and other religions, do not consider Jesus to be the son of God but only a prophet. This is also an attack on God (calls Him a liar). Most people do not like Him because it means they will have to turn from their sins. He is not popular, but He is God and Holy. I cannot make you/people believe, that is a work of God.
    "I believe God because His word has spoken to me. There is no other religion in the world that is so brutally honest about the state of man. He does not tickle anyones ears. You will either love Him or hate Him"

    you can say that about any religion

    "the absence of love is hate"
    I don't love you. i don't even know you. i certainly don't hate you.

    "Some people ,and other religions, do not consider Jesus to be the son of God but only a prophet. "

    one agian, how do you know they are wrong?


    "Most people do not like Him because it means they will have to turn from their sins"
    no.. most people who are atheist/etc don't believe in him. i can't dislike something that i don't believe exists. i can't dislike or like Santa claus.

    "I cannot make you/people believe, that is a work of God"
    i hope not. and i would never try to convince you that you are wrong. i'm just trying to show you things from other points of view.

    you think your right. i think i'm right. everyone else thinks they are right. who's right?

  5. #85
    endparenthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,262
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Aug. 02 2005,4:38)]you think your right. i think i'm right. everyone else thinks they are right. who's right?
    We're all looking out at the the realm of existence through a tiny pinhole. It's not that we don't want to see more (some of us anyway), but we simply don't have the perceptual faculties to do it. We watch ants wandering around and doing their business, amused that they're completely unaware of the planet around them (nor could they ever be shown, not having those perceptual faculties)... glad that we don't have such miniscule, pointless lives. Meanwhile beings we couldn't possible observe or comprehend with our perceptual faculties are amused by us in the same way. And other beings are amused by those beings. Etc etc. (And no, I can't be sure these beings exist because of my perceptual handicaps... but does anyone here really feel like they're at the top of that chain?)

    So it's good to keep in mind that we're all utterly, laughably, hopelessly wrong about the universe... every single one of us. Our insights into it may be accurate (the average first-grader will never get a nobel prize in physics, but they correctly think that gravity makes things fall down), but they're so incomplete it would be silly to even begin to think that we have all the information we need.

    It's just the cards we're dealt. But we can at least try to do our best given our circumstances.

  6. #86
    herenorthere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    almost Hartford
    Posts
    3,785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I take a magnifier and look real closely at an ant nest, maybe I'll see a tiny bumper sticker that says, "Don't worry, God's in control."
    Bruce in CT

    Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

  7. #87
    zappafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    457
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

  8. #88

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] Pagans are not Satanists
    but are satanists pagans?
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]You will either love Him or hate Him, the absence of love is hate
    You know, sometimes movies do teach good things. Like Star wars... when obi one was talking to anakin and anakin says "if you're not with me, your'e against me", then obi one replies by saying that only the dark side believes in absolutes. Frankly that reminds me of evil dictators, kings, etc. That's a very narrow minded view if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]If I take a magnifier and look real closely at an ant nest, maybe I'll see a tiny bumper sticker that says, "Don't worry, God's in control."
    That reminds me of a comic thing where there are two goldfish in a fish tank and one is saying "If there is no god, then who changes the water?"

    And we don't percieve everything ants do either. They can see much smaller things, smell tiny traces of chemicals, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]one agian, how do you know they are wrong?
    with most religious people, because that's what their parents/family/people around them told them.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •