Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't worry, god's in control

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Since we know that Hebrew can be translated in many ways. Then what do you say about ancient Hebrew that isn't even spoken anymore. Also Zappa those "signs" of the end of days have been around for the past Melinia. Every turn of the century we have the doomsday sayers calling for the end of the world. Nothing happend during the turn of the century Not even the suposed computer crash. The world is going to end when the sun explodes and goes super-nove in 15 million years or so. I;m sory I can't put faith in a bible that was translated from a language that is not even spoken anymore, and can be translated in m any different ways. I know you say well hebrew is spoken, but the scrolls it was translated from were in ancient Hebrew. We all know how languages change. Also we know that the bible was altered by a king when Jesus was risen to diety status. I don't dought Jesus existed and I believe he was a good man. I don't believe he was born of a virgin. Its imposible. Its a fabication of the church to elivate themselves into power. I have to get back to work now so whenI get home I may contimlate more. Bye for now.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, Zappafan, we all loose our calm sometimes... Everything aside, I think it's admirable that you reflect on yourself and work towards making yourself a better person. One thing I must mention though, is to not undermine yourself: you quit smoking, and that takes a lot of strength and resolve. You prayed, and you received help, but forget not that it was YOU who said that you should stop smoking, YOU who took innitiative to start, even the initiative to pray and accept that you had a problem within yourself that you would like to rectify, and that takes strength all in its own. I in no way mean to dissuade you from thanking God, but I want to make sure that you remember that it took a lot of strength for you as a person. Even if you believe that you are a tool through which the lord works, remember how much easier it would have been to have ignored your problem. Sometimes asking for help is the hardest part.

I dunno, my belief in a nutshell is: I will worship the way that I believe is best, and if that isn't good enough for Him, then maybe heaven wouldn't be all it's cracked up to be. My spiel about the bible is that by not letting it lead my life, I am not turning my back on God, I don't have any less faith in Him, however my faith in thousands of years of the word being passed down by man and translated and retranslated and altered, (and so on) is slightly lacking. By being a caring, loving person, I don't see how far from the path to heaven you can stray. If there's something wrong with being kind and respectful to your fellow man and the beautiful world we live in, if there's something wrong with loving your families and friends, if there's something wrong with trying your best to be a good person, well, then I know it sounds corny: but I don't want to be right.

--Jonathan
    P.S. Zappafan, even if I don't know your real name, I'll keep you in my prayers along with all of the other wonderful people here. Goodnight to all.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take the end times and one world government stuff in moderation and you'll be fine. As Est says, don't overlook your own strength. And the strength of others. Yes, the last couple centuries haven't been pretty, but society is trying to adjust to enormous changes. It hasn't been easy. And earthquakes are nothing new.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ July 30 2005,8:56)]Bumpersticker on a car that went past me this evening.

My first thought was that it's pretty clear God isn't. Then I wondered if maybe God is and we need to take the controls back ASAP.
    If God is in control, then it is clear God is a capricious, malevolent, destructive being.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (zappafan @ Aug. 03 2005,2:10)]I believe the world governments and all media are controlled by an inner circle of elite bankers (who just so happen to be Luciferians).
    *chuckle*
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ] The world is going to end when the sun explodes and goes super-nove in 15 million years or so.
    or a meteor comes this way, or HUMANITY will end if there's supervolcanoes or a mass nuclear war, etc.
    Quote[/b] ]Well, Zappafan, we all loose our calm sometimes... Everything aside, I think it's admirable that you reflect on yourself and work towards making yourself a better person
    yep. Even though I disagree by the means by which you're doing that, you're at least trying.
    Quote[/b] ]my faith in thousands of years of the word being passed down by man and translated and retranslated and altered, (and so on) is slightly lacking
    To play devil's advocate (he he he...), maybe god guided them and their translations
    Quote[/b] ]Yes, the last couple centuries haven't been pretty, but society is trying to adjust to enormous changes.
    and there have been a LOT worse times in the past. what, with supervolcanoes erupting, ice ages, plagues, etc.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok i have ALWAYS wanted to know this. what IS Devil's advocate?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Aug. 03 2005,3:26)]The world is going to end when the sun explodes and goes super-nove in 15 million years or so.
    The sun will continue on for about another 5 billion years.

It will not explode; it will swell into a red giant, consuming all the inner planets (except, perhaps, Mars) as the hydrogen in its core is exhausted, and it begins to fuse helium.

It will not have sufficient mass to fuse carbon and oxygen once the helium is gone, so it will contract into a white dwarf, leaving a fading planetary nebula behind.

As Carl Sagan mentioned in Cosmos, there will be, some 5 billion years from now, a last perfect day on Earth, then the Sun will slowly kill it, boiling off the atmosphere and oceans, and it will ultimately look as barren as the Moon.
    My Grow List