Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't worry, god's in control

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is very interesting Scott. I wouldn't mind sitting down to a thread or PM still and chatting sometime if you have a chance. I could learn alot from you. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] I love learning new things through a conversation. Thanks for the Nova and supernova explanation. I will reread when I have more time and come up with some questions. There was a little I didn't quite understand, but I got the general picture. I really do think science and discovery is facinating.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Aug. 04 2005,5:31)]That is very interesting Scott. I wouldn't mind sitting down to a thread or PM still and chatting sometime if you have a chance. I could learn alot from you. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] I love learning new things through a conversation. Thanks for the Nova and supernova explanation. I will reread when I have more time and come up with some questions. There was a little I didn't quite understand, but I got the general picture. I really do think science and discovery is facinating.
    When I get a chance, I'll post a list of layperson-level books on the subject.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a Nutshell by Steven Hawking is a good book and so is Quantum String Theory by Brian somebody.........I think.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <<In common parlance, the term has come to mean a person who argues a position that they do not necessarily believe in, simply for the sake of arguing; or who presents a counterargument for a position they do believe in to another debater.>>

I believe the term originated in the Vatican...when someone is nominated for saint-hood, the Vatican has someone at the ready who tries to de-bunk the nomination..the Devil's Advocate or, in Latin, the Advocatus Diaboli. (sorry..took 8 years of Latin) Here is a site that will tell you all about the Devil's Advocates, it's pretty interesting:

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01168b.htm
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don&#39;t put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Aug. 03 2005,3:26)]Well, Since we know that Hebrew can be translated in many ways. Then what do you say about ancient Hebrew that isn't even spoken anymore. Also Zappa those "signs" of the end of days have been around for the past Melinia. Every turn of the century we have the doomsday sayers calling for the end of the world. Nothing happend during the turn of the century Not even the suposed computer crash. The world is going to end when the sun explodes and goes super-nove in 15 million years or so. I;m sory I can't put faith in a bible that was translated from a language that is not even spoken anymore, and can be translated in m any different ways. I know you say well hebrew is spoken, but the scrolls it was translated from were in ancient Hebrew. We all know how languages change. Also we know that the bible was altered by a king when Jesus was risen to diety status. I don't dought Jesus existed and I believe he was a good man. I don't believe he was born of a virgin. Its imposible. Its a fabication of the church to elivate themselves into power. I have to get back to work now so whenI get home I may contimlate more. Bye for now.
    You obviously don't understand what the bible is. The bible is the word of God. It was written by people who were given the divine knowledge of what to write by the Holy Spirit. Sure the original bible was written in Hebrew, Greek and Latin but it was never altered in any of its translations. Some words in Greek have a few more meanings than say one word of English, but the message is still the same.

How can you say that it is impossible for God to do something? He created everything, nothing is impossible in God's hands. He can do anything. So how is it impossible for him to make Mary the mother of himself in flesh and blood? It's not.

These signs have been around for the past Melinia? I'm not so sure about that, have you seen what our world is like today? Just look how ridiculous sex has become. Little 13yr old girls dress like 18 yr olds. It is not normal for a girl to wear clothes that don't have her butt hanging out and her cleavage showing. You can't watch TV anymore without sexual content. There's so much more evident that is wrong with the world today but if you can't see that yourself... The devil knows our weakness is sex and these days he's exploiting it. He uses this exploitation to ruin marriages and love, gifts God has given us.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do so many people think that the generations alive today invented the feeling that everything is falling apart?

Has anyone heard of Puritans, for one?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Outsider you have your oppinion, but these things have been going on for a while. TIs just more telivised now. I guess ignorance is bliss when it comes to knowing what is going on around us. Just like the shark attacke for instance. There has not been an increas or decrease in shark attacks, but there is media coverage from our lust for news that it seems like there is an increase. And it is also my believe that the bible was altered but the catholic church to suit its rise to power. Sex itself used to be a worshiped part of connecting with god. It was demonized, but the vatican. Of course I have no real proof, but I don't believe you can show proof that it wasn't either. You only know what you have been told. Plus back in those times there was no copiers. Everything had to be hand written or passed down through stories. Ever did the experiment where you wipsered something to one person and then had it passed around the room? We did it in college and by the time it got to the last person the entire story was changed. Is it not possible that that happene there? This doesn't even mention constantine and the church. So believe me or not I have no proof, but from what I have read in a book and I bet you only have the faith that the bible is accurate. Go figure. Thats my belief.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True it is more televised but come on there is a serious problem with sexuality and sin today. Yes sex is a gift from God but look how many people abuse it. People are having sex at younger ages, before marriage where it was supposed to be used. God wants us to have sex but you are dishonoring God when you have sex before marriage. It's at marriage where two people are joined in one flesh. That's when that gift is appropriate. Look how people act, dress, think what's normal. Divorce rate is what 50%? Maybe it's just more obvious in my area than yours?

The bible and Catholicism has nothing to do with each other. I'm a Christian, I believe in the Father the Son and the Holy spirit. What Catholics do with the bible or believe with the bible is their practice. My authority is God's word in the bible. This is not like the telephone game, monks who lived their lives serving God, copied scrolls over and over. This isn't an oral thing passed down. Do a google search it has been studied. The bible is exactly as it was when it was created. Do you really think the hardcore religious would not care what they write? If I were them I'd be scared if I rewrote one wrong word. But like I said do a search and you will find that answer that the bible is still entact and exact as it was when it was first made.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."