Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't worry, god's in control

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For whoevers interested, this is interesting reading.

GodHead

I have refrained from these topics for a reason but I still read them
    Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Aug. 06 2005,9:37)]True it is more televised but come on there is a serious problem with sexuality and sin today. Yes sex is a gift from God but look how many people abuse it. People are having sex at younger ages, before marriage where it was supposed to be used. God wants us to have sex but you are dishonoring God when you have sex before marriage. It's at marriage where two people are joined in one flesh. That's when that gift is appropriate. Look how people act, dress, think what's normal. Divorce rate is what 50%? Maybe it's just more obvious in my area than yours?
    Do you think it's ok for women to wear clothes that reveal their calves and necklines? Or for men to take their shirts off at the beach? Is it ok to use things like perfume and cologne? Is it ok to use positions besides a strict (and probably clothed) missionary position?

(I'll assume you'd answer "yes" to all of those, until you tell me otherwise... not that I really need to know about the last one)

Going back to puritans because they were a good example... you would in fact be a demonstration of what they were afraid of, wouldn't you? Like you they thought the devil was slowly luring people down that slippery sexual slope, until they were not only partaking in ungodly acts, but believing that God thought it was acceptable to be partaking in those acts.

You are the "horrible future" they envisioned, or part of it anyway.

Granted they probably were considered extreme even in their time... but, denominations aside, do you think their beliefs have merit? Or do you think that they were just people who had the wrong idea and were taking things to the extreme... that now that we've gathered more knowledge about the world, we just know better than they did?

It's all about perspective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sex before marriage is bad?Oh boy am I in trouble! I must be going to hell [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] ~Niki~
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sex is an issue that you'll want to be weary of on the forums. But, the issue of sex is about the last issue around the bible that I don't have a good grasp on. Something about the morality of sex seems misconstrued, and the same of masturbation. I have found that the nature of sin usualy comes from the abuse of our human abilities and rights, or our bodies. Things that end up being somehow destructive in a physical way or spiritual way. I don't believe god makes rules for no reason, but rather to represent the nature and laws of the universe and reality that he created. If you go against the natural order, or his will, it is destructive. That said, it really does pain people (or just me) to try not to have sex, lust, or masturbate. Selevacy. Theese are natural urges of the body, like we need air to breather, and food to eay. Just as natural. While we need to look at ourselves as spiritual beings, we are still a soul, and the body a part of that soul. I have struggled to see how sex and masturbation can somehow be destructive to the human spirit, or physically, but I cannot find the answer in all theese years as I have most other things. It's rather enigmatic, and I believe there is something about it we just don't understand. I believe that theese things, like food, taken in moderation may not be bad, until it begins to take control of you, your life, and the way you act and think. A strong person in god should be able to avoid letting it get to that point. Just as we have all the power not to lie and steal, we can control where our bodies go and what we do with them. Yet there is just something that sounds "good" about being able to call myself a vergin. Perhaps with social implications, sex should be reserved for marriage alone...

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, I think I finally figured it out. I'll let you guys talk before I say anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So is dreaming about sex a sin too?It's not like you can help what you dream about.~Niki~
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]That said, it really does pain people (or just me) to try not to have sex, lust, or masturbate. Selevacy. Theese are natural urges of the body, like we need air to breather, and food to eay. Just as natural
    and "god" created us that way. Sure, he could have made us reach sexual maturity later, sure, he could have made us only want sex after we're married, sure, he could have made anything, but no. he wanted us to be hypersexual animals all year round, all day round :P
    Quote[/b] ]I have struggled to see how sex and masturbation can somehow be destructive to the human spirit, or physically,
    it's not, it's good for you. (with moderation, etc)
    Quote[/b] ]So is dreaming about sex a sin too?It's not like you can help what you dream about.~Niki~
    well, maybe not wanting to dream about sex bad enough could prevent you from dreaming about it.

so, where in the bible does it say sex is wrong or bad in any way? (I mean as in sexual content in TV and stuff, not sex before marriage)
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.