Likes Likes:  0
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't worry, god's in control

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (ALLOSAURZ @ Aug. 06 2005,11:01)]Actually not to get off topic but regardless of whether or not masturbation is sinful it still has it's benefits aside from pleasure such as reducing the risks of prostate cancer http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3072021.stm
    Why not Allosaurz? Not so far off topic. If we can morph this into a discussion of physics and billions and billions of stars surrounding the earth in the firmament of the cosmos, why not turn literally into ourselves--that is, at least us guys--and ponder the billions and billions of swimmers surrounding the firmness of our prostate.

Now, combine this factoid with lycopene (found in tomatoes) also being good for the prostate, and we can get to spaghetti sauce and back to the flying spaghetti monster (another topic for those who remember); the flying spaghetti monster created the cosmos; it is the flying spaghetti monster who really is in control. See? We're back on topic! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, whaddya know. I come back from vacation and we've got another big discussion going. And I thought these kinds of topic were banned. I do not plan to get all involved in defending in writing the way of Life against skeptics who don't even plan to accept anything they read hear (I hope I'm not offending anyone, I only speak from experience.) I will, however, say a few things.

I believe that every desire and pleasure we have was given us by God. Hunger, sex, humor, etc. The problem comes when we let these desires control us. The more you dream about any of the above, the more you will be drawn to them. We quickly reach a point where we do anything we do to fulfill these desires.

The scriptures God gave us are for our own benifit; he wants us to enjoy what he has given us, but he puts down limits because he knows us better than we do ourselves.

Now there is one desire that we all have, one that all the possessions in the world will not fulfill. There is no human we can trust completely, no human we can love completely, no human who can know us completely. That is why even people with lots of friend and money are never truly happy, never fulfilled, never content. We can lie ourselves out of it but that just dries us up. We can have all the sex we want and not be happy. God made us so that we could know him, and he could know us and love us. I was esctatic when I first come know my maker, and the more I walk with him, the happier I become. You hear many Christians talk about how great our faith is; we don't make it up. You don't have to believe me, and I pity you if you don't.

Anyway, I am not going to spend hours discussing this, but you are welcome to contact me privately and I'd be happy to talk.

Peter
    the cellist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh give me a break! There is nothing wrong with having sex before marriage,and I'm sure that most of us on this forum have done just that.There is a thing called protection(condoms,birth control pills and so on)that will also reduce kids not having fathers.And like I said before I do not believe in god so don't challenge me to read John or whoever cause it won't make a difference.ALso good point ALLOSAURZ [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] ~Niki~ [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd just like to know why the more I pull away from such desires, the more women throw themsleves at me. Well, maybe I do know why [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] . It's just a matter of not abusing the rights you have, not letting theese things control you, and most importantly learning to love. I know many people who have sex with many women without attachment. I think it kinda sullies the heart. Learning to love unconditionally is one of the most important lessons in our spiritual evolution, and having sex with whomever we want controdicts that. I believe the devil himself has kept me from being able to completely grasp that lesson, as in my spiritual growth through what might be thousands of years, learning the power of love is the last major wall in my path. Strange how in my life it seemed as if all the things I cherished and loved had been taken away from me, like a forbidden fruit. The last thing standing in the way of my completion...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Aug. 06 2005,9:40)]Your questions about clothing and perfume are way out in left field. First off let me say that women can wear what they want it's their body/temple of Christ, however I may not agree with it. If you are indeed a man ), I'm sure that you have seen a woman who dresses promiscuous (Not too hard in the USA). What does this do to you? What are you thinking about when you are scoping out her flesh? This is called lust my friend, you commit adultery in your heart. Why does this happen? God even states in the bible he made everything about a woman's body beautiful to man. Can you see where this is a problem when women are exposing more and more of their bodies? Do I really need to go any further? This doesn't mean they should wear something that covers their neck to their feet, this means be reasonable. Most women who dress like I said earlier know what they are doing. If they are not purposely trying to draw attention to themselves they are blind. Another thing that I'd like to point out is that it isn't easy either for women to buy appropriate clothing because men fashion designers are making the short-short-shorts and the tiny-winy-spagheti tops. However it is their choice how they want to represent their body, and that reflects on their character and either defiles or glorifies God.
    My point was that there have been christians in the past who would see things that don't bother you (conservative dresses and bathing suits and such) as just as bad as the short-short-shorts you're talking about. Bare ankles conjure sinful thoughts... perfume is used to lure and intoxicate... yada yada.

I'm asking why you know better than they (people like the puritans) did where god wants this line drawn?

How do you know you aren't the product of Satan's efforts over the centuries to broaden what people think God finds acceptable? To slowly make even devout christians overly liberal and sexually permissive would be a great plan, wouldn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Rubra @ Aug. 06 2005,11:37)]Well, whaddya know. I come back from vacation and we've got another big discussion going. And I thought these kinds of topic were banned. I do not plan to get all involved in defending in writing the way of Life against skeptics who don't even plan to accept anything they read hear (I hope I'm not offending anyone, I only speak from experience.) I will, however, say a few things.
    The funny thing is... the biggest complaint the skeptics usually have is that they feel that the believers have already planned not to accept anything they read here.

That's not an accusation or anything... I'm just amused by the dichotomy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    five words on a bumper sticker = 16 pages (and counting) of discussion

Obviously, the way to prevent sex before marriage is to marry 'em off at a young age. Perhaps 10. Maybe someone has already mentioned this (I've lost the will to keep up with long discussions) but people hit puberty (puberty hits people?) at an earlier and earlier age. Part is due to nutrition and maybe part is due to the chemicals we bathe our planet in. But what do you expect in a society where people are still marrying at 18+ but are now maturing sexually several years earlier.

But I don't give a rat's a** about what God's position might be on sex before marriage, if God doesn't express a clear position about all the wars and killing done in God's name.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All this talk about my views being puritan, facist, or even satanic is amusing. I don't call you Pagan when you are sinning. You can choose to believe whatever you want, it's your free will. However you have now been told the truth on where God stands for masturbation and sex before marriage. If you choose to ignore God's will and continue to justify them in your eyes, that's on you. Just remember come judgement God is more forgiving to the people who don't know then then people who do know and act against his will.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."