User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 199

Thread: Don't worry, god's in control

  1. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I'm not sure what strain your looking at, but I have a VERY good friend of our family who ministered to someone who actually took place in the sacrifice of a human being.
    Like I said, the church of satan, and not satanic cults.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Politically Correct.
    oh, thanks [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Another thing is that all these other religions are so bold in presenting their material, while Christians hole up inside the church content that they have saved themselves but are not following God's call to reach out and help others see the light.
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img] I have to completely disagree with that statement. I've never been preached to from ANY other religion besides christianity! and not a single non-christian missionary has ever knocked on my door.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]No wonder this country has fallen into such perils. People are falling away from the basic truths that our country was founded on
    it was NOT founded on christianity, the bible, or anything else. I believe april can expand further?
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]No wonder so many countries hate us so much; all we are looking out for is ourselves
    Well, a very small part, yes... but it's mostly because the US percieved as being nosy and getting into things it shouldn't get into. Other countries would love the US to keep to itself... but what you said IS true because the US is also percieved as just doing things for it's own good... like going to iraq for oil, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] Why do you want to serve imperfection? Why do want to serve someone that doesn't have all the answers?
    Because that person is you.
    Ok, let me give you a little food for thought too:
    What about you? Why would you want to serve a being that "created" parasites, hurricanes, terrible pathogenic diseases, terrible GENETIC diseases, etc... that punishes the babies for what the parents did, that gives you "free will" but you disobey him and you go to ETERNAL suffering? That doesn't sound like a just, merciful, omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, perfect, being.
    or do you disagree he created all the terrible things, etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Both involve politics in the same way. Both involve abolishing social classes, and differences between individuals.
    not at all, being P.C. is just not offending anyone. Do you think being nice is marxism? do you WANT racism and prejudices?
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

  2. #18
    God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    1,559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Quote
    Why do you want to serve imperfection? Why do want to serve someone that doesn't have all the answers?

    Because that person is you.
    Ok, let me give you a little food for thought too:
    What about you? Why would you want to serve a being that "created" parasites, hurricanes, terrible pathogenic diseases, terrible GENETIC diseases, etc... that punishes the babies for what the parents did, that gives you "free will" but you disobey him and you go to ETERNAL suffering? That doesn't sound like a just, merciful, omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, perfect, being.

    AW,
    It seems youre always on when one of these debates takes place LOL.
    or do you disagree he created all the terrible things, etc?
    Well your very first sentence is why I wouldn't want to be my own god.... I don't want to worship myself, it makes me sound like I have SERIOUS pride issues.

    Why do I believe in a God that would allow/create all that crap. Because of His mercy. He gave us the choice of death or life. Because it was our choice to sin in the first place, and He gave us a second chance. I read something the other day that could very easily apply to this. All of the above crap is just a natural process of a doomed earth, but God, in all of His mercy is holding back the FULL force of all those deseases and such. When we choose to continue to follow Him, He will continue to hold the earth back from crashing down on us. But when we have chosen to completly turn from Him; He will let the earth loose in a last attempt to get our attention so that we will return to Him.

    Alrighty then, I'm gonna let someone else have turn at answering these questions.
    ~Wes~

    My plants are going green to save the environment

    My Growlist

  3. #19
    zappafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    457
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

  4. #20
    zappafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    457
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

  5. #21

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ] Because it was our choice to sin in the first place
    OUR choice? since when is a whole species' fate decided on just two individuals?
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]He gave us a second chance.
    I don't know about you but I never got a first one.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]All of the above crap is just a natural process of a doomed earth, but God, in all of His mercy is holding back the FULL force of all those deseases and such.
    So the earth is outside god's reach? He created it didn't he? he says what the laws of the universe are... or if there are any laws at all. And I don't see how he's holding back the full force, after all, he created mutations, which makes diseases, pests, etc. resistant, and he created the pests themselves... he made them reproduce like crazy, he made them all that..
    or do you now accept evolution?
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]When we choose to continue to follow Him, He will continue to hold the earth back from crashing down on us.
    I don't see true believers being saved from diseases, hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, tsunamies, accidents, etc. Do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]We have to seek Him in our lives and ask Him to open the scriptures to us.
    millions of people do that, why are there so many... denominations? Do you think you are the ones (whatever denomination or belief you have) that god answers to?
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Without His Spirit we will all have different interpretations of His word
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Without the Spirit of God many interpretations are possible
    that's true now... does that mean his spirit isn't here?
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Also, some new Christians can only be fed with "milk" and not the "meat" of the word because they are still living in sin (1 corinthians 3:1-3)
    doesn't everyone sin? isn't that like the very basic belief of christianity?
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]True Satanism is underground. What you see is a front group to legitimize it as just another harmless religion.
    I see it the other way around, people hate satanists even if they don't know what they stand for, and other people use that name to do bad things.
    It's like one time in school, this girl gave me this christian comic strip kind of thing that talked about "the true origins of halloween" and talked about how satanists and pagans all did human sacrifices and black cats and worshiped the devil and stuff. Well, that's totally false!
    PS.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I don't want to worship myself, it makes me sound like I have SERIOUS pride issues.
    I think it's not about worshiping yourself, is about not worshiping others. You do what you want to because YOU want to, You believe what YOU believe, not because a book tells you to.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

  6. #22
    endparenthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,262
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Wesley @ July 31 2005,3:16)]Why do I believe in a God that would allow/create all that crap. Because of His mercy. He gave us the choice of death or life. Because it was our choice to sin in the first place, and He gave us a second chance. I read something the other day that could very easily apply to this. All of the above crap is just a natural process of a doomed earth, but God, in all of His mercy is holding back the FULL force of all those deseases and such. When we choose to continue to follow Him, He will continue to hold the earth back from crashing down on us. But when we have chosen to completly turn from Him; He will let the earth loose in a last attempt to get our attention so that we will return to Him.
    An omnipotent being always gets what it wants. Always. It's impossible for it not to get what it wants, otherwise the label "omnipotent" is meaningless.

    It has to be assumed that the world is in the exact state this being wants it to be in. This being can't be freed of responsibility for anything... it's impossible for it not to be responsible for all that is or isn't.

    God would be responsible for the doomed earth (or it would desire to allow a doomed earth)... it would be responsible for people choosing sin (or it would desire that people chose sin, and being omniscient it knew that would happen anyway)... and it would be responsible for the dire consequences of people turning from it, as both the punishment and the knowledge of the punishment in us is fully under its control. Like I said in another thread like this, a person who buries a landmine can't pass reponsibility on to the person who "chose" to step on it.

    The world is exactly as this being wants it to be, otherwise it's not omnipotent/omniscient. It's simple logic.

  7. #23
    zappafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    457
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

  8. #24

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too, believe in free speech, and it shouldn't be censored, but I also believe in common sense. I'm not saying in any way I don't think you shouldn't have posted what you did, because I'm glad you did, but people sometimes forget their common sense and, well, you know what happens when they do.
    PC isn't some regulation or anything, I just see it as having common sense and not just saying a bunch of crap with no logic behind it. People might think all mexicans (I'm mexican btw, so of course I don't mean it) are retarded idiots who can't walk and chew gum at the same time, but nobody wants to hear that.
    No matter what you say, some people will be offended, and being PC (to me) is just trying to minimize how offensive it sounds by being civil and rational.
    PS. perfectly said endparenthesis!
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •