Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't worry, god's in control

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]By the way, the Serpent is another words for Satan too
    another thing I hate about christianity. From the tiniest age christians associate snakes with evil and satan.
    Quote[/b] ]However, to say that they do not worship the Satan of the Bible is mistaken
    You really need to research about satanism. They do NOT worship the satan of the bible, or any other diety. Satan to them is just a symbol of the things religions (NOT just the bible, but judaism... in judaism satan is an angel working for god to test the faith of people, and then the twisted up versions of judaism... christianity and islam) forbid or frown upon. Sex, greed, endulgance, etc. They believe one should have all those things, but with moderation, and that they balance each other. For example... one might not want to eat too much chocolate (endulge) because of pride (they don't want to look fat).
    Quote[/b] ]Everything to be known of Satan is in the Bible, they know to disobey Gods word brings them closer to Satan.
    like I said, they do NOT worship anything. They believe that we are our own gods. (but they don't worship themselves... as I already explained)
    PS. "god" is also known by many names.
    edit: roflmao... I love this quote:
    "Thank God I'm an atheist."
    — Luis Buñuel
    Yes, my name is Luis, but I didn't say that, and no, I'm not an atheist (I'm agnostic). it's just a funny quote I thought I'd share.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]Sex, greed, endulgance, etc. They believe one should have all those things, but with moderation, and that they balance each other. For example... one might not want to eat too much chocolate (endulge) because of pride (they don't want to look fat).
    We'll talk about each, one at a time, Sex. Is it safe to discuss this here?[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] LOL, I won't go anywhere w/ just state what the Bible says. The Bible says it's not a sin... if it were why would God have created it, since sin cannot enter His presence? It is when it is performed outside of the bond of marriage that it becomes a sin.

Greed, I don't believe I should have greed period. I have nothing against great wealth, but not making a goal of acquiring as much wealth as I can just to do it.

Greed:An excessive desire to acquire or possess more than what one needs or deserves, especially with respect to material wealth.

Indulgence, it depends on what it is. For example, indulging in God's Word. You can never over indulge. Chocolate as you used it. It is safe if eaten in moderation. Over eating chocolate can make you sick.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]The Bible says it's not a sin... if it were why would God have created it, since sin cannot enter His presence?
    well, I didn't say it was a sin, but it is usually frowned upon by religion. I didn't just say christianity either. Sex is considered "dirty", and even by your own response, you're showing how sex is frowned upon:
    Quote[/b] ] Is it safe to discuss this here? LOL
    greed: well, I don't know... the very definition says excessive, and satanists don't believe in being excessive... I guess I just used the wrong word :P It's not like i'm a spokesman for satanism :P aren't there any satanists around here that could explain better? WAIT! I just remembered something... searching... got it! take a look at this link http://iseekthetruth.com/index.php?showtopic=35
    Quote[/b] ]Stupidity --The top of the list for Satanic Sins.
    amen! lol.

oh, and while looking through some quotes, I found these two (in wikiquote):
    Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear. -Thomas Jefferson

"I have never seen the slightest scientific proof of the religious ideas of heaven and hell, of future life for individuals, or of a personal God. So far as religion of the day is concerned, it is a darned fake... Religion is all bunk." --Thomas Edison

but like I said, i'm not very knowledgeable in founding father beliefs and what "truths" the US was founded on. Weren't most of them theists or something?
    PS (darnit I wish everything would just come out at once so I wouldn't have to edit so much)
    Quote[/b] ]The existence of large networks of organized Satanists involved in illegal activities, murder, and child abuse is occasionally claimed, often by fundamentalist religious movements. Those claims have never been substantiated and are widely believed to be false.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanism#Satanic_cults
    If you've read the satanism article and the thread I gave you before and still have questions, well... go ask them to some satanists because I don't know.... although... do post them here, as they might be good questions worth investigating.
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and what evidence do you have of this? I hope it's not only faith...
    Quote[/b] ]Of course, say the true believers, religion rests on faith, not intellect. But if all you need to do to prove I am wrong is to have faith that you are right, then no discussion is possible... . -Philip D. Harvey
    (did you see I edited my post?.. the previous one that is)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and yes, there are a few who do illegal things like murder, violent act, etc. who call themselves satanists, but they're not true satanists, just like the KKK are not true christians, or alquaeda are not true muslims, they're just using that name.
    If you're going to judge satanists by the few crazy lunatics that use their name, then also judge all christians by the KKK, etc.

and don't tell me what they believe, I've researched and even gone to the church of satan site. You don't tell me what they believe, they do.
    Quote[/b] ]We Satanists are our own Gods, and we are the explorers of the Left-Hand Path. We do not bow down before the myths and fictions of the desiccated spiritual followers of the Right-Hand Path

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast