Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't worry, god's in control

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe....I believe I'll have another glass of wine. A halfway-decent 4 year old Merlot I got on sale at the Jewel/Osco. French. HA!

Our founding fathers were Deists(as am I), Unitarians or Free-Thinkers, there was an extreme minority of Christians among them. Most of the FF's had nasty things to say about Christianity...I'll leave you all to google it yourselves. The US was NOT set up as a Christian nation. It was not the founder's intentions that it be a Christian nation. Notice that the word "god" is not used in our Constitution, or in the Bill of Rights...and the leading pastors of the day were much scandalised by these omissions, in fact, a majority of them were against the adoption of the Constitution because the Christian god was left entirely out of it. The word g*d IS used in the Declaration of Independence...but that document is a political screed directed at the King of England, and not a document of governance. The words "in god we trust" were not put on our currency until the 1950's, and the words "under god" were not inserted into the pledge of allegiance until around the same time. The reasons being...the "red scare", "godless communists", HUAC, the Truman Doctrine, and I think the Korean War figured into it a bit, too.

I'll trust people to sort things out here...god seems to be a bit dis-interested in us, lately. I don't have the time or patience to wait around and hope he does something, let alone do something where I can see the results of his handi-work.

While I don't believe in Political Correctness, I do believe in being tactful, and not purposefully hurting other people's feelings. I'm not going to tell an Irish Drunk joke in a room full of Irish people, for instance, unless they ask me to. Then I would. I have some good ones. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

FYI, historically, Islam preceeds Christianity, Christianity is the new kid on the block. Judaism preceeds Christianity. Buddhism in it's many forms preceeds Islam. And paganism preceeds them all. This doesn't make any of them better or worse. April
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't mean anything about worship. i meant you should do whatever you want and not worry about sin. i didn't mean "god" litterally, people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if your going to sin, be the best sinner on the block.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]While I don't believe in Political Correctness, I do believe in being tactful, and not purposefully hurting other people's feelings
    ah, yes...that's what I meant :P
    Quote[/b] ]FYI, historically, Islam preceeds Christianity, Christianity is the new kid on the block
    I agree judaism was the first, but I'm pretty sure islam came after christianity... after all, Jesus is named in the koran... and muhammed lived some 500 years after jesus.
    Muslims believe that there have been a few revelations, which were twisted by men, and that the last revelation (and the only unaltered one that comes from god) was the koran.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]I Do not believe KKK are Christians. I am repenting over racial issues as we speak
    I do not believe they are TRUE christians. Nor alquaeda are TRUE muslims, nor satanic cults are true satanists, but they are "fake" christian and muslims.
    Quote[/b] ]I have studied enough, I have been into the occult as I mentioned.
    well then, give us links or something.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast