Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't worry, god's in control

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Maybe it satisfies some kind of neurological need, I have no idea.
    I say that's partly society. I mean, there's a lot of pressure to have a religion, and all that talk about not being complete with one, etc. just makes people THINK they NEED things like that, when they really don't.
    but then again, you could argue that in order to believe that they NEED to believe, they first need to believe to believe. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would'nt waste your time zappafan,they will just argue/make fun of,what ever you want to call it.

Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was Jesus who said, "He who is not with me, is against me" He also said, "Blessed are the meek" and "Blessed are the merciful" and "Blessed are the peacemakers." So I think maybe I'm with him. But then I look at his fan club and I'm not so sure.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the things he thought are true, wise, etc.... but that doesn't mean everything he taught was. Everyone has some wisdom in themselves...but nobody has it all.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (cool85k5 @ July 31 2005,8:22)]I would'nt waste you time zappafan,they will just argue/make fun of,what ever you want to call it.
    Arguing/mocking and encouraging examination are two very different things. If someone isn't interested in examining their beliefs, they probably have much bigger problems than what people on a forum say. Someone who's comfortable with their beliefs won't feel threatened by questions (since they already have the answers).

I've given up on a lot of simple, fundamental questions I've had in trying to understand various beliefs. I can't find people who can or will answer them for me.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lord. This topic grew 6 pages. Too much to read [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] . What's the current argument?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok NO ONE has mentioned that our current Christian belief is based on Pagan and Christian beliefs. Back in the days of Constantine (who was a Pagan!!!!)(and Pagans just worshiped nature and mother earth not satan) he realized that chirstianity was on the rise and threatened to devide the Christians and Pagan people of his kingdon. So like any leader who wanted to keep power he chose the side of the winning religion to keep the peace. He made Christianity the state religion, but not after making changes to it first. Notice many of the rituals christians have now are based on Pagan rituals. Easter was a Pagan ritual. Worshiping on Sunday was from the pegans as well. They used to worship the sun god hense the name Sunday. The seventh day aventist have the correct worship day and thats saturday the seventhday of the week. The horn of plenty comes from the horn the broke off of one of the Pagan gods of firtility who happened to have the head of a goat. There are more, but I cna't remember them all now.

Now that Constantine has given power to the Catholic Christian church things needed to be changed to have means to keep them in power, and what better to do this than with fear. The Catholic church and Constantine changed the bible to represent these changes. I will not be able to pull all from memory but here are some I remember.
    1) the satan in the bible is the representaion of one of the gods of firtility of the Pagans. The name escapes me now, but he had the body of a man and the hear of a goat. Sound firmiliar?

2) Jesus was married and had a wife. Her name was Mary Mandalin, but the bible portrays her as a hore. Why is this? Answer coming up.

3) The bible portrays Mary Mandalin as a hore because Jesus is suposed to be perfect. The bible also fabricated the story about him being on Imaculate conception in order to raise him to Diety status. Again another way to raise the power of the church.

4) Sex was demonised and made to look dirty, but original christian performed sex rites.

5) The 6 pointed star of David is one of the symbols of old Christianity that is still used. If you take the two triangles apart of the star of David and lok at them they are 2 new symbols. The triangle with the apex going up is the old male symbol. The triangle with the apex going down is the old female symbol. Its also called the chalice.(spelling) When the two triangels are combined it is to represent the joining of a man and a woman in the act of intercourse. Used to be believed that that was the only way to achive the oneness with god was for a man and woman to be whole and in order for that they would be havinf sex.

The orignial bible was written on scrolls and many of those scrolls were never found. The dead sea scrolls were some of those scrolls and they contidict the bible as it is now. Everyone has heard of the Holy grail. Well many people think the holly grail is the cup Jesus and everyone drank from at the last supper. That is incorrect. Another term for grail is chalice, and with that said remember what the old symbol for female was called? Chalice. Back in those days the Knights of Templar found and guarded the holy grail from the catholic church. The holy grail is Mary Mandalin. Its her mumified body with the remaining scrolls that prove the church had modified the bible to suit its own greedy existance. Its lust for powe has corrupted Jesus' view of Christianity and the way it was suposed to be carried out after his death. Jesus believed that the woman was sacred and through her man could find God. Thanks to Constantine and the Catholic church chrisitanity resembles nothing of Jesus' vision. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img] There is much more to be said but I can't remember it all. Take of it what you will. Call me crazy if you want. Dan Brown has done much of the research. I have yet to read all his referances, but when I get the time I will. Most of the info I have stated if found in The Davinci Code. I know what your thinking. "Thats a fictional book" This may be true the story in the book is fictional, but the rituals described and the information about the Knights templar and the Priory of Sion are factual. Might want to read it you will get some very interesting food for thought.

-------------
    Edited for spelling errors: If you're gonna talk about pagans...don't misspell it 10 times. Although "pegan" kinda had a nice ring to it... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast