Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't worry, god's in control

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (lol @ July 31 2005,10:18)]Lord. This topic grew 6 pages. Too much to read [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] . What's the current argument?
    My thoughts exactly but I could careless what it is about. I've been there and done that many times here with the religious thing... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    \"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.\"
    -- Oscar Wilde

http://www.nasarracenia.org/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ July 31 2005,11:35)]1) the satan in the bible is the representaion of one of the gods of firtility of the Pagens. The name escapes me now, but he had the body of a man and the hear of a goat. Sound firmiliar?
    Satyr. And it's man on the top and goat on the bottom.

As for the Da Vinci Code stuff, don't take it too seriously until you've read his sources. I've read it too, but not knowing what's fictional and what isn't means that I can't legitimately use any of it to back up an argument... and it sounds like you're in the same boat for now.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently heard that the chineese had a truer form of the bible, called the "B bible" I think. Supposedly, the info in the bible came from the information in Israel either just before or after the burnings. This bible is supposed to have info closer to what was intended. And like I said, all that matters is what all the major and oldest religions teach. Belief in higher powers, and levels of our reality that cannot be seen with the naked eye. Theese religions teach the importance of spirituality, and the posotive cleansing of your spirit. Apparently, as you "gain more points on your posotive spirit meter" (this might be thrue reincarnation, which seems to be a solid truth, with roots in religion and psychiatry), you'll eventualy be able to rise to a higher form of conciousness. I'm going for broke on this post [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] . I'll post my theory of everything. If you want to see refferences, just ask.

I think reality (everything that exists) lies within 12 dimensions, or more appropriately levels of conciousness. Theese levels may play host to different beings, or even universes. I think the order goes as

Trinity:

12- the father
    11- the son (jesus)
    10- the holy ghost (knowledge and information, perhaps a part of all of us and all matter and energy)

Angelic realm:

9- theese parts I can't remember
    8-
    7-

Energy/demonic/spiritual

6- Supposedly hell (or soon to be hell) lies within theese three. Demons, or fallen lower angels should possess this realm, along with other lower spirits. also
    5-
    4-

The universe-

3- the universe as we know it should lie within the first 3 or 4 levels
    2- life, matter, and basic energy begins with the first 3
    1-

When I can re-obtain the information on the other dimensions, I'll let you know. I also believe that humans exist as a soul. A soul is made up of the body, the consciousness, and the sub-conscious (the spirit). It's all a sort of matrix.

God's commandments were put here as simple guidlines so human beings may have in written word what they already know within themselves, but don't have the strength to follow. They are the things we must do to avoid sin. Sin is that which is against god's will, or against the laws and fundamentals of the highest plain/dimension. Sinning results in the spirit and other hidden components of the sould being divided, and thus the spiritual energy is lowered, and we become dark and blinded, like dim stars. As we sin, we lose energy, and accsess to the higher realms. This also has adverese affects on the other parts of our soul, including the body, which is the temple of god, and the means by which to connect the highest consciousness (god) to the lower plains of matter. The state of one's consciousness directly affects on the body, and perhaps the environment, and the rest of the physical universe. That's just a small fraction of my higher beliefs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ Aug. 01 2005,12:20)]Satyr. And it's man on the top and goat on the bottom.

As for the Da Vinci Code stuff, don't take it too seriously until you've read his sources. I've read it too, but not knowing what's fictional and what isn't means that I can't legitimately use any of it to back up an argument... and it sounds like you're in the same boat for now.
    Nope that is not the god I was refuring to. The one I am refuring to has the head of a bull and the body of a man. And turns out it was an egyptian got Amon I just looked it up, but has something to do with the pagans too. Its referanced in the book. I was mistaken when I said goat. Its the opesite of the venus firtility god.

Also endparenthesis have you read the sources to the devinici code? I haven't yet, but that is not the first place I have heard alot of those statements being made. I learned alot of new things there though. Like I said, once I get more time I will do some reading.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Aug. 01 2005,2:22)]Nope that is not the god I was refuring to. The one I am refuring to has the head of a bull and the body of a man. And turns out it was an egyptian got Amon I just looked it up, but has something to do with the pagans too. Its referanced in the book. I was mistaken when I said goat. Its the opesite of the venus firtility god.

Also endparenthesis have you read the sources to the devinici code? I haven't yet, but that is not the first place I have heard alot of those statements being made. I learned alot of new things there though. Like I said, once I get more time I will do some reading.
    Hmm... I figured that was a minotaur... hadn't heard of the Egyptian one. I've always seen Satan pictured as a satyr. *shrug*

No, I haven't read any of the Da Vinci Code sources, though I'm sure I'd be interested in some of them. I have a huge list of books I'm forcing myself to read so who knows if I'd ever get to them. I need a way to just download them into my head.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear that. I sure would have done that with my anatomy book. Gosh A&P 1 and 2 4 weeks each. Man that was crazy!!!

Oh I just looked up satyr and I see what you mean, but thats not the god of firti,itly. Amon is in the Davinci code and the rewrite of the bible is depicted there too. Maybe you didn't focus in on it like I did.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a quick aside, I think the Satyr thing you guys are thinking of is Pan, he also happened to be the Greek/Roman god of the wildness of nature (to be PC about it)
    or maybe Baal, the pagan god who was the "base model" for satan in the bible since he was a legitimate god to people who needed to be smacked down
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i always thought it was cool how greek/roman gods weren't perfect.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast