What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't worry, god's in control

Yea and verily, and all that other Biblical stuff!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Aug. 07 2005,8:50)]All this talk about my views being puritan, facist, or even satanic is amusing.  I don't call you Pagan when you are sinning.  You can choose to believe whatever you want, it's your free will.  However you have now been told the truth on where God stands for masturbation and sex before marriage.  If you choose to ignore God's will and continue to justify them in your eyes, that's on you.  Just remember come judgement God is more forgiving to the people who don't know then then people who do know and act against his will.
I didn't say you were puritan... I asked why you know better than the puritans. I want to know why you think you're in the clear with god when they (and many many other types of christian throughout history, they were just the first example I thought of) who are reading the same bible believed that you are in fact already led astray by satan. But when a person sidesteps my questions twice I just assume I won't be getting an answer.

ok, let me ask you this, if i live a life of sin, sex, and drugs (hypothetically), and before i die i ask for forgiveness blah blah blah and am truely sorry, will i go to heaven?

I think, as I have implied, that people (our spirits, the part of us that carries the burden of our sins) can have multiple lives/bodies. We, because we are divided within ourselves, maylive many lives, growing and forget our past each time giving us a chance to some day get it right, and find peace in the lord. Kinda like the hindu's belief in reincarnation. I don't believe many people (if anybody) are going to heaven or hell at this point. Those places/dimensions may be reserved for spirits of god's other creations (angels/demons). It is sad that the church has shunned the thought of reincarnation, and taken it out the bible.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]do you think it is wrong for men to father many children and then do absolutely nothing to raise them?
is it ok for them to father multiple children with multiple women, then walk away and do nothing to support those children, financially or emotionally?
what causes that problem??
sex before marriage being looked at as "ok"..thats what.
no, but there's this little thing(s) called protection/contraceptives. Those things don't happen because of sex before marriage, but because people are irresponsible. The issue isn't about sex before marriage, as most people have sex before they're married, it's about responsability.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]As for mastur*****, it is not specifically said by God that it is sin
so now it's also a sin to type masturbation?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Here's a good link about why masturbation is not good:
http://www.newjerusalem.com/bepure.htm
that link is like super biased. I don't really care what they say. here, some good links: ...errr... well, nevermind...I don't think I can post them here, but there's wikipedia and others. If you want the links, PM me (or search)
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]There is no credible scientific or medical evidence that manual masturbation is damaging to either one's mental or physical health, except in cases where there are pre-existing conditions like Peyronie's disease or phimosis.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It is being increasingly recognised in mental health circles that masturbation can relieve depression and lead to a higher sense of self worth.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]On July 16, 2003, an Australian research team led by Graham Giles of The Cancer Council published a medical study [2] which concluded that frequent masturbation by males may help prevent the development of prostate cancer. The study also indicated that this would be more helpful than ejaculation through sexual intercourse because intercourse can transmit diseases that may increase the risk of cancer instead. Another study came to similar conclusions in April 2004 [3]
and there are more... (I just noticed allosaurz posted one link :p)
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I don't call you Pagan when you are sinning.
is that supposed to be an insult? (calling someone pagan)
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]ok, let me ask you this, if i live a life of sin, sex, and drugs (hypothetically), and before i die i ask for forgiveness blah blah blah and am truely sorry, will i go to heaven?
well, why before you die? What about when you're being judged? If god is nice and just and blah blah, then he must let you ask forgiveness even after you're dead. I'll tell you this... if I die and find out I was wrong, I WILL ask for forgiveness
smile_n_32.gif

going back to masturbation for a second, it appears god didn't want us to have sexual intercourse (STD's, making it seem 'dirty', etc) but he sure wanted us to masturbate (zero STD's, beneficial for both mental and physical health, etc)

Finally, 50 minutes after reading the bumper sticker I have finally finished reading 16 1/2 pages of forum. Now for my 2 cents.
People be careful when quoting the bible because literally the bible is a self-contradicting tumble of illogical mess. "An eye for an eye" means literally that if someone kills your spouse you kill their's. However the bible also says "thou shalt not kill". Kapeesh? JLAP you will go to heaven but not "heaven" because "heaven" is not a place it is a state of mind IMO. If you've led a life your happy with and you've left the world with more positive then negative then when you die you have "achieved" heaven. There is another issue I wish to lay upon this thread. For those of you who live in the realm of George W Bush, God (NPI) have mercy on your souls, you will most likely be aware of the current issue concerning "Intelligent Design" (We were created by an intelligent being (God) and this should be a subject of science) A load of rubbish if you ask me. Religion and science should never mix. I believe Darwin, not a handful of writers old, most likely mis-translated, scrolls from 2000+ years ago on the subject of how we got here. The worst part about that is that it would be mandatory in the public school system and in my opinion it infringes on the charter i.e. freedom of religion. In God we trust also infringes on the charter in the same way don't you think?

that's all i feel like writing for now play with it as you will,

Z

"JLAP you will go to heaven but not "heaven" because "heaven" is not a place it is a state of being IMO"

your going to have to say that over agian VERY slowly for me to understand that lol.

another thought is if people believe in something SO much, does that creat things? like, does god exist only because people THINK he exists? you could say the same thing about santa clause, but then agian we have as much proof that god exists as we do that santa claus exists. could santa clause and god then in fact exist on a different plane of existance?

If enough people believe with all their hearts in one eyed one horned flying purple people eaters, does that mean that somewhere, somehow, one of them auctually exists?

very well said

what i meant was that heaven is a state of mind for your dead body. If you and other people believed you were a good person then when you die they think you to be in heaven and voila you are. It's a state of mind.

Here's a thought God and SC are the same person hmmmm...

I think your on to something when you say if enough people believe something is it true/real. Or is it more like, if enough people have faith in something does it matter if it does or does not exist. I mean If we proved God wasn't real (which we may have already done) would people's faith keep him real in another sense perhaps this other plane of existence. The mystery of faith.

another thought is that you creat your own heaven or hell. maybe your subconcious manifests itsself into your personal heaven/hell. could you in fact CHANGE that outcome after death as you learn/grow? Or maybe the last image you see when you die is your eternity since there is no more sensory input. your heaven could be lying in a field of flowers if thats the last experience you had, or it could be lying for eternity in a hospital bed.

once more, could the afterlife only exist because people think it exists? do people who do not believe in an afterlife cease to exist as a metaphysical being?

I hope that last image thing isn't true can you imagine the possibilities. Even the open field you'd be cursed to a life of countind and recounting the blades of grass. More like hell to me lol. I think your right about the afterlifes existance in our heads

i don't think you'd be able to think. more like a trace. just staring at it for eternity without though.

i really do believe people invented gods and the afterlife because they are afraid to die. i believe that neither of these existed untill someone thought of it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If enough people believe with all their hearts in one eyed one horned flying purple people eaters, does that mean that somewhere, somehow, one of them auctually exists?
It exists in their imagination, and that can be powerful indeed. But if it existed for real, there'd have to be a hell of a lot of planes of existance, which all contradict each other, and even billions of the very same thing. I say there are billions of gods, each one for every person who believes in one (or more).
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I mean If we proved God wasn't real (which we may have already done)
Which god? I believe many god(s) have been proved that aren't real (to my satisfaction), but that doesn't mean that there aren't any real god(s) out there. That's why i'm agnostic and not atheist.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Religion and science should never mix. I believe Darwin
WTG!
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Finally, 50 minutes after reading the bumper sticker I have finally finished reading 16 1/2 pages of forum
wow, some people (many times me) won't even read topics that are more than 3 pages long :p

I had an afternoon off and found the topic interesting i agree with you re:Many gods even one per person or even one god in many forms?

yes but there are an infinate number of universes all being created every instant. and an instant is an infinately small number.

some think that, atleast.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]People be careful when quoting the bible because literally the bible is a self-contradicting tumble of illogical mess. "An eye for an eye" means literally that if someone kills your spouse you kill their's. However the bible also says "thou shalt not kill".

Please now, your arguments aren't worth a cent if you don't even know what you are arguing against. If you'd actually read the parts you are quoting, you'd know for yourself that your argument doesn't work. This is what I meant in my earlier post about these discussions. You can either search for truth, or you can just knock down ideas that you don't like.

As for heaven, there is no point discussing its existence. By the time any of us actually see it, our chance to get in will be over.

Peter

then what's the point in discussing anything?

Ok, here me out on this once more and tell me what you think. The reality of god as we know it can be divided into 12 plains of existance, the highest being god himself. God's creations inhabit theese different plains, each with their own laws and functions, and energy levels. Humans have souls. Souls are a union of different aspects of self that lie in different plains of existance. Depending on the things done when a person is in existance of a soul, the soul may divide in different ways after death. Depending how sinfuly you led your life, it could turn out that you are able to take on a new body, or maybe reduced to nothing but memmories. I am not sure who goes where and does what. Human beings may inhabit the first 7 plains, but no more. We can only physically percieve the first 3, because those are the plains of matter and lower energy. Here, our body's and basic conciousness are dominant. The fourth level is where the spiritual and energetic aspect start. Here, we may be divided into an energy(electromagnetic?) body, and some aspect of spiritual bodies up to the 7th. Basically, the lower in level you are, the less energy you have, and the less will and conciousness you have. That is why animals are below us. We have much more potential than we express, but as we sin, we lose touch with our higher energetic selves, and are surpressed. As we are reborn and live new lives, we have chances to correct this. This isn't religious, this is scientific (albeit theoretical). On a religious note, the only way you can grow stronger to access theese higher plains of existance, is to learn to love, and be posotive with the help of the holy spirit and god's word.

I'd just like to make one more comment. Zappa was talking about the end of the world and such. Just look at this 18 page thread. Look at its content. People are doubting whether or not there is a God. This whole thing is not imaginary/man-made people. There was an actual Jesus Christ who walked the Earth and sacrificed himself for you and me. From a non-biblic view he was actually a real person in history. There were many witnesses and there are stories. He's not only found in the Bible he's found in the Kuran as well. The bible, God's word, was written by man but put together by God. Just look at how the bible is pieced together alone. It's out of this world. It's not ONE author who wrote this, but many. Yet somehow it all fits together? Yet somehow all the predictions of the prophets from the Old Testament who were given divine wisdom from God came true? Jesus fulfilled the predictions of the prophets, from birth place to death. This is not humanly possible to setup and accomplish.

To ):
First off start where I claim my views are superior than the Puritans or any other religion you want to pull out? I didn't say my views are superior to ANYONE's. I'm simply stating the word of God from the Bible.

To Everyone:
You can call my views however you want them, but maybe you call them that way because you're not ready to leave the life you live behind. You like believing you are in control of your life, that you are your own "God". There was an angel named Lucifer who was like that, I'm sure you know the rest. You will never truely fill complete, and your life will never be blessed by the Lord. The Lord cannot work from within you if your heart is hardened and you reject him. If you reject the Lord you reject the one who sent him, God. You can make up all the justifications you want to think you are doing God's will but do yourself a favor and search for the truth. I ask you not to even listen to me, search the Bible. The Bible is the truth, it is God's will, it does not lie. There you can find the answer to all your questions, and the truths to the teachings of ideas such as masturbation and sex before marriage is ok and normal. May the seed of the Lord be planted inside your heart and grow. Peace and God Bless.

As for heaven, it is beyond the reach of our human spirits. Nobody but a few people in history whom god selected can accsess the real heaven because it is beyond the 7th plain. This I know for certain. Until the final day of judgement, when heaven will extend down to our level, and perhaps even into the physical plains of existance.

are you interested in Astral Projection, LOL?

Back