What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't worry, god's in control

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Because it was our choice to sin in the first place
OUR choice? since when is a whole species' fate decided on just two individuals?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]He gave us a second chance.
I don't know about you but I never got a first one.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]All of the above crap is just a natural process of a doomed earth, but God, in all of His mercy is holding back the FULL force of all those deseases and such.
So the earth is outside god's reach? He created it didn't he? he says what the laws of the universe are... or if there are any laws at all. And I don't see how he's holding back the full force, after all, he created mutations, which makes diseases, pests, etc. resistant, and he created the pests themselves... he made them reproduce like crazy, he made them all that..
or do you now accept evolution?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]When we choose to continue to follow Him, He will continue to hold the earth back from crashing down on us.
I don't see true believers being saved from diseases, hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, tsunamies, accidents, etc. Do you?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]We have to seek Him in our lives and ask Him to open the scriptures to us.
millions of people do that, why are there so many... denominations? Do you think you are the ones (whatever denomination or belief you have) that god answers to?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Without His Spirit we will all have different interpretations of His word
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Without the Spirit of God many interpretations are possible
that's true now... does that mean his spirit isn't here?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Also, some new Christians can only be fed with "milk" and not the "meat" of the word because they are still living in sin (1 corinthians 3:1-3)
doesn't everyone sin? isn't that like the very basic belief of christianity?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]True Satanism is underground. What you see is a front group to legitimize it as just another harmless religion.
I see it the other way around, people hate satanists even if they don't know what they stand for, and other people use that name to do bad things.
It's like one time in school, this girl gave me this christian comic strip kind of thing that talked about "the true origins of halloween" and talked about how satanists and pagans all did human sacrifices and black cats and worshiped the devil and stuff. Well, that's totally false!
PS.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I don't want to worship myself, it makes me sound like I have SERIOUS pride issues.
I think it's not about worshiping yourself, is about not worshiping others. You do what you want to because YOU want to, You believe what YOU believe, not because a book tells you to.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wesley @ July 31 2005,3:16)]Why do I believe in a God that would allow/create all that crap.  Because of His mercy.  He gave us the choice of death or life.  Because it was our choice to sin in the first place, and He gave us a second chance.  I read something the other day that could very easily apply to this.  All of the above crap is just a natural process of a doomed earth, but God, in all of His mercy is holding back the FULL force of all those deseases and such.  When we choose to continue to follow Him, He will continue to hold the earth back from crashing down on us.  But when we have chosen to completly turn from Him; He will let the earth loose in a last attempt to get our attention so that we will return to Him.
An omnipotent being always gets what it wants. Always. It's impossible for it not to get what it wants, otherwise the label "omnipotent" is meaningless.

It has to be assumed that the world is in the exact state this being wants it to be in. This being can't be freed of responsibility for anything... it's impossible for it not to be responsible for all that is or isn't.

God would be responsible for the doomed earth (or it would desire to allow a doomed earth)... it would be responsible for people choosing sin (or it would desire that people chose sin, and being omniscient it knew that would happen anyway)... and it would be responsible for the dire consequences of people turning from it, as both the punishment and the knowledge of the punishment in us is fully under its control. Like I said in another thread like this, a person who buries a landmine can't pass reponsibility on to the person who "chose" to step on it.

The world is exactly as this being wants it to be, otherwise it's not omnipotent/omniscient. It's simple logic.

smile.gif

I too, believe in free speech, and it shouldn't be censored, but I also believe in common sense. I'm not saying in any way I don't think you shouldn't have posted what you did, because I'm glad you did, but people sometimes forget their common sense and, well, you know what happens when they do.
PC isn't some regulation or anything, I just see it as having common sense and not just saying a bunch of crap with no logic behind it. People might think all mexicans (I'm mexican btw, so of course I don't mean it) are retarded idiots who can't walk and chew gum at the same time, but nobody wants to hear that.
No matter what you say, some people will be offended, and being PC (to me) is just trying to minimize how offensive it sounds by being civil and rational.
PS. perfectly said endparenthesis!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]By the way, the Serpent is another words for Satan too
another thing I hate about christianity. From the tiniest age christians associate snakes with evil and satan.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]However, to say that they do not worship the Satan of the Bible is mistaken
You really need to research about satanism. They do NOT worship the satan of the bible, or any other diety. Satan to them is just a symbol of the things religions (NOT just the bible, but judaism... in judaism satan is an angel working for god to test the faith of people, and then the twisted up versions of judaism... christianity and islam) forbid or frown upon. Sex, greed, endulgance, etc. They believe one should have all those things, but with moderation, and that they balance each other. For example... one might not want to eat too much chocolate (endulge) because of pride (they don't want to look fat).
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Everything to be known of Satan is in the Bible, they know to disobey Gods word brings them closer to Satan.
like I said, they do NOT worship anything. They believe that we are our own gods. (but they don't worship themselves... as I already explained)
PS. "god" is also known by many names.
edit: roflmao... I love this quote:
"Thank God I'm an atheist."
— Luis Buñuel
Yes, my name is Luis, but I didn't say that, and no, I'm not an atheist (I'm agnostic). it's just a funny quote I thought I'd share.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Sex, greed, endulgance, etc. They believe one should have all those things, but with moderation, and that they balance each other. For example... one might not want to eat too much chocolate (endulge) because of pride (they don't want to look fat).

We'll talk about each, one at a time, Sex. Is it safe to discuss this here?
confused.gif
LOL, I won't go anywhere w/ just state what the Bible says. The Bible says it's not a sin... if it were why would God have created it, since sin cannot enter His presence? It is when it is performed outside of the bond of marriage that it becomes a sin.

Greed, I don't believe I should have greed period. I have nothing against great wealth, but not making a goal of acquiring as much wealth as I can just to do it.

Greed:An excessive desire to acquire or possess more than what one needs or deserves, especially with respect to material wealth.

Indulgence, it depends on what it is. For example, indulging in God's Word. You can never over indulge. Chocolate as you used it. It is safe if eaten in moderation. Over eating chocolate can make you sick.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The Bible says it's not a sin... if it were why would God have created it, since sin cannot enter His presence?
well, I didn't say it was a sin, but it is usually frowned upon by religion. I didn't just say christianity either.  Sex is considered "dirty", and even by your own response, you're showing how sex is frowned upon:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Is it safe to discuss this here? LOL
greed: well, I don't know... the very definition says excessive, and satanists don't believe in being excessive... I guess I just used the wrong word :p It's not like i'm a spokesman for satanism :p aren't there any satanists around here that could explain better? WAIT! I just remembered something... searching... got it! take a look at this link http://iseekthetruth.com/index.php?showtopic=35
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Stupidity --The top of the list for Satanic Sins.
amen! lol.

oh, and while looking through some quotes, I found these two (in wikiquote):
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear. -Thomas Jefferson

"I have never seen the slightest scientific proof of the religious ideas of heaven and hell, of future life for individuals, or of a personal God. So far as religion of the day is concerned, it is a darned fake... Religion is all bunk." --Thomas Edison

but like I said, i'm not very knowledgeable in founding father beliefs and what "truths" the US was founded on. Weren't most of them theists or something?
PS (darnit I wish everything would just come out at once so I wouldn't have to edit so much)
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The existence of large networks of organized Satanists involved in illegal activities, murder, and child abuse is occasionally claimed, often by fundamentalist religious movements. Those claims have never been substantiated and are widely believed to be false.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanism#Satanic_cults
If you've read the satanism article and the thread I gave you before and still have questions, well... go ask them to some satanists because I don't know.... although... do post them here, as they might be good questions worth investigating.

and what evidence do you have of this? I hope it's not only faith...
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Of course, say the true believers, religion rests on faith, not intellect. But if all you need to do to prove I am wrong is to have faith that you are right, then no discussion is possible... . -Philip D. Harvey
(did you see I edited my post?.. the previous one that is)

and yes, there are a few who do illegal things like murder, violent act, etc. who call themselves satanists, but they're not true satanists, just like the KKK are not true christians, or alquaeda are not true muslims, they're just using that name.
If you're going to judge satanists by the few crazy lunatics that use their name, then also judge all christians by the KKK, etc.

and don't tell me what they believe, I've researched and even gone to the church of satan site. You don't tell me what they believe, they do.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]We Satanists are our own Gods, and we are the explorers of the Left-Hand Path. We do not bow down before the myths and fictions of the desiccated spiritual followers of the Right-Hand Path

I believe....I believe I'll have another glass of wine. A halfway-decent 4 year old Merlot I got on sale at the Jewel/Osco. French. HA!

Our founding fathers were Deists(as am I), Unitarians or Free-Thinkers, there was an extreme minority of Christians among them. Most of the FF's had nasty things to say about Christianity...I'll leave you all to google it yourselves. The US was NOT set up as a Christian nation. It was not the founder's intentions that it be a Christian nation. Notice that the word "god" is not used in our Constitution, or in the Bill of Rights...and the leading pastors of the day were much scandalised by these omissions, in fact, a majority of them were against the adoption of the Constitution because the Christian god was left entirely out of it. The word g*d IS used in the Declaration of Independence...but that document is a political screed directed at the King of England, and not a document of governance. The words "in god we trust" were not put on our currency until the 1950's, and the words "under god" were not inserted into the pledge of allegiance until around the same time. The reasons being...the "red scare", "godless communists", HUAC, the Truman Doctrine, and I think the Korean War figured into it a bit, too.

I'll trust people to sort things out here...god seems to be a bit dis-interested in us, lately. I don't have the time or patience to wait around and hope he does something, let alone do something where I can see the results of his handi-work.

While I don't believe in Political Correctness, I do believe in being tactful, and not purposefully hurting other people's feelings. I'm not going to tell an Irish Drunk joke in a room full of Irish people, for instance, unless they ask me to. Then I would. I have some good ones.
smile_m_32.gif

FYI, historically, Islam preceeds Christianity, Christianity is the new kid on the block. Judaism preceeds Christianity. Buddhism in it's many forms preceeds Islam. And paganism preceeds them all. This doesn't make any of them better or worse. April

I didn't mean anything about worship. i meant you should do whatever you want and not worry about sin. i didn't mean "god" litterally, people.

if your going to sin, be the best sinner on the block.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]While I don't believe in Political Correctness, I do believe in being tactful, and not purposefully hurting other people's feelings
ah, yes...that's what I meant :p
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]FYI, historically, Islam preceeds Christianity, Christianity is the new kid on the block
I agree judaism was the first, but I'm pretty sure islam came after christianity... after all, Jesus is named in the koran... and muhammed lived some 500 years after jesus.
Muslims believe that there have been a few revelations, which were twisted by men, and that the last revelation (and the only unaltered one that comes from god) was the koran.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I Do not believe KKK are Christians. I am repenting over racial issues as we speak
I do not believe they are TRUE christians. Nor alquaeda are TRUE muslims, nor satanic cults are true satanists, but they are "fake" christian and muslims.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I have studied enough, I have been into the occult as I mentioned.
well then, give us links or something.

Back