What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don't worry, god's in control

Some of the things he thought are true, wise, etc.... but that doesn't mean everything he taught was. Everyone has some wisdom in themselves...but nobody has it all.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (cool85k5 @ July 31 2005,8:22)]I would'nt waste you time zappafan,they will just argue/make fun of,what ever you want to call it.
Arguing/mocking and encouraging examination are two very different things. If someone isn't interested in examining their beliefs, they probably have much bigger problems than what people on a forum say. Someone who's comfortable with their beliefs won't feel threatened by questions (since they already have the answers).

I've given up on a lot of simple, fundamental questions I've had in trying to understand various beliefs. I can't find people who can or will answer them for me.

Lord. This topic grew 6 pages. Too much to read
confused.gif
. What's the current argument?

ok NO ONE has mentioned that our current Christian belief is based on Pagan and Christian beliefs.  Back in the days of Constantine (who was a Pagan!!!!)(and Pagans just worshiped nature and mother earth not satan) he realized that chirstianity was on the rise and threatened to devide the Christians and Pagan people of his kingdon.  So like any leader who wanted to keep power he chose the side of the winning religion to keep the peace.  He made Christianity the state religion, but not after making changes to it first.  Notice many of the rituals christians have now are based on Pagan rituals.  Easter was a Pagan ritual.  Worshiping on Sunday was from the pegans as well.  They used to worship the sun god hense the name Sunday.  The seventh day aventist have the correct worship day and thats saturday the seventhday of the week.  The horn of plenty comes from the horn the broke off of one of the Pagan gods of firtility who happened to have the head of a goat.  There are more, but I cna't remember them all now.

Now that Constantine has given power to the Catholic Christian church things needed to be changed to have means to keep them in power, and what better to do this than with fear.  The Catholic church and Constantine changed the bible to represent these changes.  I will not be able to pull all from memory but here are some I remember.
1)  the satan in the bible is the representaion of one of the gods of firtility of the Pagans.  The name escapes me now, but he had the body of a man and the hear of a goat.  Sound firmiliar?

2)  Jesus was married and had a wife.  Her name was Mary Mandalin, but the bible portrays her as a hore.  Why is this?  Answer coming up.

3)  The bible portrays Mary Mandalin as a hore because Jesus is suposed to be perfect.  The bible also fabricated the story about him being on Imaculate conception in order to raise him to Diety status.  Again another way to raise the power of the church.

4)  Sex was demonised and made to look dirty, but original christian performed sex rites.

5)  The 6 pointed star of David is one of the symbols of old Christianity that is still used.  If you take the two triangles apart of the star of David and lok at them they are 2 new symbols.  The triangle with the apex going up is the old male symbol.  The triangle with the apex going down is the old female symbol.  Its also called the chalice.(spelling)  When the two triangels are combined it is to represent the joining of a man and a woman in the act of intercourse.  Used to be believed that that was the only way to achive the oneness with god was for a man and woman to be whole and in order for that they would be havinf sex.

The orignial bible was written on scrolls and many of those scrolls were never found.  The dead sea scrolls were some of those scrolls and they contidict the bible as it is now.  Everyone has heard of the Holy grail.  Well many people think the holly grail is the cup Jesus and everyone drank from at the last supper.  That is incorrect.  Another term for grail is chalice, and with that said remember what the old symbol for female was called?  Chalice.  Back in those days the Knights of Templar found and guarded the holy grail from the catholic church.  The holy grail is Mary Mandalin.  Its her mumified body with the remaining scrolls that prove the church had modified the bible to suit its own greedy existance.  Its lust for powe has corrupted Jesus' view of Christianity and the way it was suposed to be carried out after his death.  Jesus believed that the woman was sacred and through her man could find God.  Thanks to Constantine and the Catholic church chrisitanity resembles nothing of Jesus' vision.
mad.gif
There is much more to be said but I can't remember it all.  Take of it what you will.  Call me crazy if you want.  Dan Brown has done much of the research.  I have yet to read all his referances, but when I get the time I will.  Most of the info I have stated if found in The Davinci Code.  I know what your thinking.  "Thats a fictional book"  This may be true the story in the book is fictional, but the rituals described and the information about the Knights templar and the Priory of Sion are factual.  Might want to read it you will get some very interesting food for thought.

-------------
Edited for spelling errors: If you're gonna talk about pagans...don't misspell it 10 times. Although "pegan" kinda had a nice ring to it...
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lol @ July 31 2005,10:18)]Lord.  This topic grew 6 pages.  Too much to read
confused.gif
.  What's the current argument?
My thoughts exactly but I could careless what it is about. I've been there and done that many times here with the religious thing...  
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ July 31 2005,11:35)]1)  the satan in the bible is the representaion of one of the gods of firtility of the Pagens.  The name escapes me now, but he had the body of a man and the hear of a goat.  Sound firmiliar?
Satyr. And it's man on the top and goat on the bottom.

As for the Da Vinci Code stuff, don't take it too seriously until you've read his sources. I've read it too, but not knowing what's fictional and what isn't means that I can't legitimately use any of it to back up an argument... and it sounds like you're in the same boat for now.

I recently heard that the chineese had a truer form of the bible, called the "B bible" I think. Supposedly, the info in the bible came from the information in Israel either just before or after the burnings. This bible is supposed to have info closer to what was intended. And like I said, all that matters is what all the major and oldest religions teach. Belief in higher powers, and levels of our reality that cannot be seen with the naked eye. Theese religions teach the importance of spirituality, and the posotive cleansing of your spirit. Apparently, as you "gain more points on your posotive spirit meter" (this might be thrue reincarnation, which seems to be a solid truth, with roots in religion and psychiatry), you'll eventualy be able to rise to a higher form of conciousness. I'm going for broke on this post
smile_n_32.gif
. I'll post my theory of everything. If you want to see refferences, just ask.

I think reality (everything that exists) lies within 12 dimensions, or more appropriately levels of conciousness. Theese levels may play host to different beings, or even universes. I think the order goes as

Trinity:

12- the father
11- the son (jesus)
10- the holy ghost (knowledge and information, perhaps a part of all of us and all matter and energy)

Angelic realm:

9- theese parts I can't remember
8-
7-

Energy/demonic/spiritual

6- Supposedly hell (or soon to be hell) lies within theese three. Demons, or fallen lower angels should possess this realm, along with other lower spirits. also
5-
4-

The universe-

3- the universe as we know it should lie within the first 3 or 4 levels
2- life, matter, and basic energy begins with the first 3
1-

When I can re-obtain the information on the other dimensions, I'll let you know. I also believe that humans exist as a soul. A soul is made up of the body, the consciousness, and the sub-conscious (the spirit). It's all a sort of matrix.

God's commandments were put here as simple guidlines so human beings may have in written word what they already know within themselves, but don't have the strength to follow. They are the things we must do to avoid sin. Sin is that which is against god's will, or against the laws and fundamentals of the highest plain/dimension. Sinning results in the spirit and other hidden components of the sould being divided, and thus the spiritual energy is lowered, and we become dark and blinded, like dim stars. As we sin, we lose energy, and accsess to the higher realms. This also has adverese affects on the other parts of our soul, including the body, which is the temple of god, and the means by which to connect the highest consciousness (god) to the lower plains of matter. The state of one's consciousness directly affects on the body, and perhaps the environment, and the rest of the physical universe. That's just a small fraction of my higher beliefs.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ Aug. 01 2005,12:20)]Satyr. And it's man on the top and goat on the bottom.

As for the Da Vinci Code stuff, don't take it too seriously until you've read his sources. I've read it too, but not knowing what's fictional and what isn't means that I can't legitimately use any of it to back up an argument... and it sounds like you're in the same boat for now.
Nope that is not the god I was refuring to. The one I am refuring to has the head of a bull and the body of a man. And turns out it was an egyptian got Amon I just looked it up, but has something to do with the pagans too. Its referanced in the book. I was mistaken when I said goat. Its the opesite of the venus firtility god.

Also endparenthesis have you read the sources to the devinici code? I haven't yet, but that is not the first place I have heard alot of those statements being made. I learned alot of new things there though. Like I said, once I get more time I will do some reading.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Aug. 01 2005,2:22)]Nope that is not the god I was refuring to.  The one I am refuring to has the head of a bull and the body of a man.  And turns out it was an egyptian got Amon I just looked it up, but has something to do with the pagans too.  Its referanced in the book.  I was mistaken when I said goat.  Its the opesite of the venus firtility god.  

Also endparenthesis have you read the sources to the devinici code?  I haven't yet, but that is not the first place I have heard alot of those statements being made.  I learned alot of new things there though.  Like I said, once I get more time I will do some reading.
Hmm... I figured that was a minotaur... hadn't heard of the Egyptian one. I've always seen Satan pictured as a satyr. *shrug*

No, I haven't read any of the Da Vinci Code sources, though I'm sure I'd be interested in some of them. I have a huge list of books I'm forcing myself to read so who knows if I'd ever get to them. I need a way to just download them into my head.

I hear that.  I sure would have done that with my anatomy book.  Gosh A&P 1 and 2 4 weeks each.  Man that was crazy!!!

Oh I just looked up satyr and I see what you mean, but thats not the god of firti,itly. Amon is in the Davinci code and the rewrite of the bible is depicted there too. Maybe you didn't focus in on it like I did.

As a quick aside, I think the Satyr thing you guys are thinking of is Pan, he also happened to be the Greek/Roman god of the wildness of nature (to be PC about it)
or maybe Baal, the pagan god who was the "base model" for satan in the bible since he was a legitimate god to people who needed to be smacked down

i always thought it was cool how greek/roman gods weren't perfect.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I've read it too, but not knowing what's fictional and what isn't means that I can't legitimately use any of it to back up an argument
I saw a national geographic thing about the da vinci code (I read it myself too... great read) and most of what he talks about is true, except a couple of little details... The one I remember right now is that in the da vinci code, he says that the dead sea scrolls say jesus (or mary) kisses the other one in the MOUTH. In reality, there's a hole right there, and it could have very well said forhead, cheek, etc.

JB OrchidGuy...Thanks for bringing that up. That's quite true. Christians borrowed liberally from the pagans but that's rather hushed up.
smile_l_32.gif
Who wants to think Christianity had roots in paganism... Paganism is EVIL! lol

Blessed be...

Well that would depend on who you talk to . LOL Pagans worshipped mother earth. What can be evil about that? Thanks to hollywood and the church pagans were demonised. The pentagram was a symbol for firtility, but thanks to hollywood it has been used a s sign for evil. I think its neet how the planet venus travels in the sign of a pentagram in the sky. Does that mwan venus is evil. If so does that mean all women are evil since women are from venus? LOL just messing around now. Just goes to show how people manipulate things to either gain or keep power. If only the truth was well known.

"well, I guess i'm a satanist, my muslim friens are satanist, a lot of christians are satanist, jews, buddhists, holy CRAP there are a lot of satanists out there!
billions and billions of them. and oh yeah, youre right... we all worship satan as the bible says satan is, and we all perform human sacrifices, and all that crap."

Alpha, you will find that(if you haven't already) some christians think they have all the answers all the time for everything!

Well...Anton Le Vey made the pentagram stand for evil, so far as Hollywood was concerned. He claimed to be a Satanist. He was NOT a pagan. Pagans are not Satanists, IMO. He used to have a shop in Hollywood, CA, on Vine street, I think, and I used to go into in once in a while, to buy incense, and look around. Lots of occult books, lots of black-majick type spell casting herbs, a coffin or two. I think it was mostly for show. I mostly just thought it was a laugh..though Anton was quite scary.

LeVay! Another dangerous joke on the world. Yech!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (zappafan @ Aug. 01 2005,11:16)]Satan wishes to divide people into camps. I do not mean to imply different religions perform sacrifices. The entire context of my post determines my opening remark. The essence of what I am saying is Satan divides people using different religions (I include atheism as a religion of non classification). I probably should have said Satanic (meaning in origin) instead of Satanism. Satanism was a Poor word choice for what I was trying to imply by the rest of my statement. I must reinterate the Bible determines my beliefs and defines itself. It speaks of false religions and doctrines which Satan is behind to encourage division. I know most people will not believe in just one god. I can't change how you may believe.
so how do you know your religion is the right one?

Back