What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Geek test

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date
That test would not load fully for me so I had to find a different one.

Other Geek Test

I scored a -505 here is how...

Watched the Star Wars Movies +5
Read Literature for fun (school doesn’t count) +5
Own a trench coat +5
Own a computer +5
Chat +20

Trekking (hiking, backpacking) -50
Play sports -50
Play popular sports (football, baseball, basketball) -150
Generally athletic -10
Own higher end, name brand, trendy clothes -70
Own a motorcycle -50
Are well traveled (abroad or in the U.S.) -80
Are popular with members of the opposite gender -80

-Jeremiah-

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Aug. 01 2005,6:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (VFT_lover123 @ July 31 2005,8:39)]It seems most of us are posers. And I can't believe that jimscott is a cool person, LOL.
LOL! Thanks, I needed that! Remind me send you a bag of frozen lamb intestines!
Note to self - Stay on Jim's good side.
smile_m_32.gif

Ergo. Inside jokes galore.

I bet you'd love lamb intestines if you just tried it, Jim.

Maybe with ketchup or "10 year sauce"!
smile_n_32.gif

"10 year sauce" would detract from the flavor--and you'd forget you were really eating lamb intestines halfway through. The real pleasure of eating it is the fact that you know exactly what you're eating, and that this very moment some lamb is dead because of you. I also think veal is disgusting--not only because it's baby cow, but it feels all mushy and reminds me of mashed potatoes, even though I love mashed potatoes. The texture of mashed potatoes in some kind of meat just isn't right.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (VFT_lover123 @ Aug. 01 2005,6:10)]"10 year sauce" would detract from the flavor--and you'd forget you were really eating lamb intestines halfway through.
That was my exact intention!
smile_n_32.gif
Just like my mom's cooking - burnt on the outside and raw on the inside. Ketchup was used profusely, out of self-defense.

81% : Deviant Geek

I beat you all! HAHAHA!!!
smile_n_32.gif

"The Deviant Geek..." 76% eh? They didn't even ask about my comp. sci. major or how I read highly technical nonfiction in my spare time (the OpenGL programming guide was my choice for my last weeklong vacation.)
~Joe

I guess I have joined the top end with a 76%. I need to get out more.

-Rail

You answered 62% of the questions as a geek truly would.
As a poser geek, you're trying too darned hard. There's a strong possibility that you think you're a geek because you own your own computer, however you're truly missing the bigger picture. You aspirations of being a geek mainly come from your friends, who are probably slightly cooler.
Get rid of those thick black-rimmed glasses. Being a geek isn't about style, it's about substance!

So what's this all mean? It means you're probably a pretty cool person. You've probably got social graces and are well liked by many people. While not a complete conformist, you do prefer to follow along with popular culture. True geeks probably laugh at you behind your back.

In a nutshell, you answered most question how you thought a geek WOULD answer, but your misconceptions deceived you. Truth is, 60% of people are geekier than you.

On the first test, 75% geek... The Simple Geek.

On the 2nd Test "Level 6 Geek". My exact score is in doubt, because as an RPGA judge and writer, I don't think I could count how many games I've run in the past 2 years! HAH!

53%--yet another poser geek. But I truly feel that this test is slanted in favor of the young geek--not old geeks like me. The gaming and computer questions are not a way to weed out most over 40 geeks. Now, if you ask me if I still read Popular Mechanics/Science etc...My true geek may emerge.

Now, the real question is, how many of us are disappointed at our lack of geekiness? I know I am!
smile_n_32.gif

oh, oh wow i think i should just crawl into a corner and perish
confused.gif
smile_h_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (7santiago @ Aug. 03 2005,7:25)]oh, oh wow i think i should just crawl into a corner and perish
confused.gif

smile_h_32.gif
Fess up! Geek or non-geek? If you're upset because you are, then you're probably not as geeky as you think. If you're upset because you're not, well, you can always work on it (oh yeah, but that makes you a conformist geek, I guess).
smile_m_32.gif

And just to add a little spice to this topic, check out this old topic:

geek vs. nerd
smile_m_32.gif

57%...Poser geek, too. Poser geeks RULE! Wooohoo! Let's start a private club.
smile_l_32.gif

You'd probably be a bigger geek if they had Mac questions on there PAK!

heehee! You're probably right Alexis.
laugh.gif

Back