What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your favorite tv commercial

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I am a marketer's nightmare. I may remember the clevreness of a commercial, but am horrible with what they were trying to sell.

One of my favorites is one where this squirrel purposely causes a car accident and does the Hi-5 with his buddy ("You da squirrel"). I don't know what they were selling. Was it a nutty cereal or insurance or...?

So, what's your favorite commercial?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ July 31 2005,10:53)]Geico.
The gecko? Darn, I know what they are selling in that one! I like his parking spot.

I used to like the geico commercials but now it's gotten old. And since I heard a local geico radio ad... now I hate geico :p. it went something like this:
the official bird of north carolina is the cardinal
the official flower of north carolina is the doogwood
and the unofficial AMPHIBIAN of north carolina is the GECKO
... blah blah
O-M-G!!! GECKO? AMPHIBIAN?!!! I almost had a heart attack the first time I heard it!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

anyway, now I like the identity theft commercials when they switch the voices.

I saw a Chevy comercial in which they were advertising how many people it could fit. Anyway it was like 6 guys in the truck and that country song "Feel like a Woman"(I think that's the name) was playing on the radio while one of the guys sang along with it. It was soo funny to watch.

There was this cat food commercial for Friskies...it had 3 singing, sombrero wearing parrots in it..it was so funny!

pepto bismal!

I like that Mento's one with all the birds singing the There's No Limit song
smile_n_32.gif
~Niki~

Now this goes back a bit, but there was this pie eating contest and you had these guys over-eating and thoroughly immersed, looking sick afterward. The catch phrase was: "I can't believe I ate the whole thing".

Another, possibly the same product (Alka Seltzer?), showed this newliwed couple, with the husband feeling sick with heartburn and his wife in the kitchen, looking at a recipe book, describing to him some odd recipes: "Sweet & Sour Snails and Marshmallowed Meatballs". It wasn't helping his disposition.

The Budweiser commerial with the frogs and lizards.

I liked how they went from Bud Weis er to mistreatment and having issues.

That was the best...then they stoped it for some reason.
confused.gif

Commercials are annoying but I do like the funny ones.

Newer ones...I like the gecko...especially the Robot one and the one in the truck with the guy listening to the radio.

I love the Aflac duck but the first one was the BEST. That one was funny...when the duck kicked the bread crumb back into the guy's face. But I have a soft spot for ducks. I do know what the commericial is promoting so they made their point.

The one where the guy spills the the tomato sauce in the floor and picks the cat up just as the girl comes in the door and it looks like he killed the cat. Don't know what it was selling...

Old ones...I loved the Phieser (I think) faucet commercial with the man taking a shower...he was singing opera (Faust I assume) and had big soap horns on his head. That was a great one.
biggrin.gif
And I like the San Gorgio spaghetti commercial where the people were out "picking" spaghetti off trees.

I like commercials with good music...like the car commercial featuring Nick Drake's song "Pink Moon." Anyone a Nick Drake fan?

Although they aren't funny, Target has exceptionally well done commercials (I wonder who their ad agency is). I've seen some very creative, well done commercials lately.

The pepsi commmercial; when they ask a guy how he would like to feel younger again or something, and he says "I wanna kick it old school." Then the MC hammer song U Can't Touch This comes up and you see him danceing on the streets
biggrin.gif
. Zongyi

I liked the meow mix one meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow.

And the Maxwell house one too: its fresh fresh, fresh fresh, exciting.

Hello old thread!

This is my absolute favorite commercial. I love the idea behind it and the song.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O0rx1srLsh0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O0rx1srLsh0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

All time favorite commecial:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_oACRt-Qp-s&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_oACRt-Qp-s&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

xvart.

Back