What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metalheads anonymous, discuss metal here!

Hey all! I just thought i'd remake this thread, one because i'm interested, two because i'm bored...

Anyway, i've gained some new bands since the last time i made this. Here is the full list of bands that i listen to.:
Anthrax,
Disturbed,
Godsmack,
Korn,
Metallica,
Mudvayne,
Pantera,
Rob Zombie,
Sepultura,
Slayer,
Unloco.

My overall favorite band is Slayer, they're freakin awesome.

What bands do you listen to that are metal? What is your overall favorite metal band?

Ah-HA... I'll hop in on this one... my top 10 in order:

#1 all-time favorite - Pantera

the rest:
-Clutch
-Fear Factory
-Damageplan
-Helmet
-System of a Down
-White Zombie
-Carcass
-Corrosion of Conformity
-(not metal but hey... it made the list) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

I've been on a huge Clutch kick (more of stoner rock). These guys have a really diverse sound... from old school hardcore to hard rock to bluesy bluegrass stuff. Plus their concerts are a BLAST!

When inside, my CPs really dig the Neville Marriner's 1984 Amadeus soundtrack. I have no idea why.
smile_l_32.gif

LOL, i've heard that music makes them grow better, apparently mine killed a D. capensis. Really, it survived well until i got my new stereo and started playing Slayer full blast daily.

I only listen to Pantera and White Zombie from that list. You should also listen to the new band that the leader formed, Rob Zombie, and yes, his name is Robert Wolfgang Zombie. They're awesome too.

I'm bored too, actually just taking a break from sculpting mechanical armor, my eyes are goin buggy! My list is probly the same, just a different order than last time...
smile_m_32.gif

Running Wild
Mercyful Fate / King Diamond
Witchfynde
WASP
Bal Sagoth (the later albums)
Therion (later albums)
Iron Savior
Gamma Ray
Manowar
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Venom
Motorhead
Dark Throne
Beherit
Exciter
Celtic Frost
Bathory

...there's just so many good ones... and bad ones!
I'm not really an anynoymous metalhead though, I love it loud!
Feel free to stop in and check out my metal mag online: http://www.battlehelm.com

My favorioute band is Nightwish, they rule!
biggrin.gif

I went on MTV.com and saw a music video of them. A female lead singer? I...I-I I didn't think that was even possible in a metal band! But it is! They are pretty good, i'll give you that, but in my opinion, the female voice doesn't make it feel right.

Short and simple-

Iron Maiden
Judas Priest

Just saw JP in concert couple of weeks ago and was very impressed. Sounded pretty darn good and put on a good show.

Brian

my favorites (even though not all metal) are as follows....

pink flyod (live 8 reunion tour was awsome!)
type o negative
skinny puppy
ohgr
lynyrd skynyrd
faith no more
acid bath
project pitchfork
disturbed
solemn assembly

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TunaSurprise @ Aug. 02 2005,5:54)]I went on MTV.com and saw a music video of them. A female lead singer? I...I-I I didn't think that was even possible in a metal band! But it is! They are pretty good, i'll give you that, but in my opinion, the female voice doesn't make it feel right.
In my opinion it makes it much more intresting and makes it sound better
biggrin.gif

(Even though I do like metal I dont like it when the lead singer shouts and screams rather then sings)
Which video did you see?

am i the only one who likes Marilyn Manson?

I've heard a few of marilyn manson's songs, they seem very good, but the guy just creeps me out, i know that shouldn't be so since i listen to slayer and rob zombie, but still.
confused.gif

I don't like it when the lead singer SCREAMS either. I regret buying that Sepultura CD, they scream literally all the time.

The song is, "I wish i had an angel". The female singer doesn't detract, it's just culture shock that's all.
smile_n_32.gif
biggrin.gif

manson rocks! his early stuff is especially good. i think he sold out though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TunaSurprise @ Aug. 03 2005,1:16)]I've heard a few of marilyn manson's songs, they seem very good, but the guy just creeps me out, i know that shouldn't be so since i listen to slayer and rob zombie, but still.
confused.gif

I don't like it when the lead singer SCREAMS either. I regret buying that Sepultura CD, they scream literally all the time.

The song is, "I wish i had an angel". The female singer doesn't detract, it's just culture shock that's all.
smile_n_32.gif

biggrin.gif
There are better songs then i wish i had an angel, I could send you some if you like

Marylin Manson creeps me out too, plus he looks very, very creepy

culture shock, LOL
smile_n_32.gif

My 45+ year old aunt listens to Marylin Manson (and many other bands) so I never considered it too scary! But I never thought of it as metal, more like industrial hard rock.

Please don't down play bands cos they've got a female upfront. There's lots of great stuff around out there:
Warlock/Doro, Girlschool, Guillotine, Power Symphony, Mystic, Fatima Hill, Lordian Guard (christian metal even!), Ebonsight...
I'll add some more if I can think of what all is hiding in my collection.

Since starman likes them, here's one of my writers' Nightwish interview (sorry if you've seen it already):
http://battlehelm.com/interviews/Nightwish.html

anyone like Ramstein?

Manson was good back in the day, then I got sick of him. Rob Zombie is about the only "heavy metal" band I listen to that is still playing. I wish he would quit the movie business and get back to doing music.

I agree, i love his stuff, but i'm getting impatient! His last movie sucked monkey butt, and i doubt this one will be any better, but his songs rock!

Ol' Rob "Stryker"! If you're as old as I am you might remember this before the cooler "Zombie" surname!
smile_n_32.gif

I dig the stage show definately, any time a band spends time on their stage presentation it's usually a good thing. Haven't seen either of his movies but read a few of his comics that he's done. Also just picked up Danzigs newest "Satanika" comic the other day but haven't had time to page through it yet.

just ignore this post sorry i don't know what i was thinking

I just saw a few music vids of Metallica's new stuff on MTV.com. They went through a low period after the black album, but St. Anger was so great it stopped my watch! I'm not kidding, i was playing it so loud, that my cheapo watch stopped because of it! And i put in batteries a month ago!

Back