Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting school tomorrow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I teach in a public school in Florida - we started on August 1st.

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unlucky to all schoolkids here, I go back to school on September 8th
    Plenty of time before that lol
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My daughter's school starts the beginning of September and keeps going until almost the end of June. My schools in Mississippi started in mid August and ran through mid May. Everywhere else I've been, schools were on an ~ Sept 1 - June 1 schedule. Schools here add a second spring break plus extra holidays here & there and, like magic, they make lots of summer disappear.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wooh, I still have 2 weeks from today 'till school starts (so, Aug. 17.) And 40 articles to collect for Gov and write about. Yadda yadda. Not to mention I need to sign up for a class at the local community college, find out how the HECK I will get to and from school (and to my college class, to boot) and if I need to take extra classes just so I can bum a ride with my friends. Yeesh, I'm a senior, I'm not supposed to have to worry about the whole "can I even GET to and from school" nonsense. Good thing my family is in a totally awesome financial position so we can totally afford to get me a car! ...Yeah, right.
    Oh well, I know that once I get everything figured out, this year'll be interesting. Last year was my "OUCH" year, while this year will be a lot more calm.
    Oh, and herenorthere, we've had cases of our summer days magically disappearing as well! If it weren't for that, I'd be graduation 06-6-6 (yy-m-d, that's the way I write my dates, good for sorting)! lol Oh well.
    What gets me about about being a senior are all the people complaining "Oh I just have to get in to so-and-so college or else blah-blah-blah." I suppose I've been hearing it since freshman year, but it still gets on my nerves when people take classes solely because it will "look good on their college transcript." To HECK with your college transcript! I don't want unmotivated people in my classes just there for the grades! The teachers don't want people like that, either! If you're interested in something, then take it. In most highschools you have a fair number of ways to reach the standards, anyway. lol Ok, so maybe that ended up as sort of a rant... Um... Enjoy school, everybody. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw, I just graduated.

I'm not going back.

='(

By the way. We always started the week before Larbor Day.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geez. We always went back to school around Sept. 7th or so. That was because so many county kids would be pulling tobacco on the farms that there would be high absentee numbers if they started too early. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img] Gotta get them thar kids out of the fields a'fore starting school-larnin'.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started school today too.I got off the 25th of May [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]

Stupid hurricanes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aug 27th and June 12 for me.
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12