Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hiya im a violinst

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been playing the clarinet for 5 years, I also want to try the oboe, flute, bassoon, and possibly some of the variations of the clarinet

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been playing guitar for a little over 2 years. Mainly acoustic but I enjoy electrics.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cello, for 6 years now. 7Santa, keep up the good work there with classical music. It doesn't stop at Mozart either - just like painting didn't stop with Rembrant.

Don't worry, I do like other music. I just listen to it when I'm to lazy or tired for classical.

Peter
    the cellist

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I think the Universe is music.
    It's funny- this topic inspired me to pull out my harmonicas again and give them a look-over and see how they are and do a little bit of playing (if you can call it that,) and I noticed something in the box of my echo harmonica, a note from my Oma (grandmother) with a passage reading

"Wohnt ein Lied
    in allen Dingen"

It means, "There lives a song / in all things." Hm, strikes a chord for me (no pun intended! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] )
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a classical music scholarship for 5 years and learnt to play the flute for over 7 years, but I never had anything to do with classical music once I escaped the drudgery of lessons at school.
    I subscribe to Tamlin's (so eloquently put) belief that the music is inside you, or it isn't. You can go through the mechanics of learning but "playing" cannot be taught.
    My "inner flute player" may have tried to break out a few times when I wasn't paying attention but I finally bumped him over the head with the infernal instrument, bound and gagged him, and then walled him up in the cellar, never again to see the light of day.

Now if they'd given me a sax, things could've turned out very different...

Cheers, Troy.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i can play the trombone. i don't anymore but i still remember the basics [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my brother plays the saxiphone, i confuse his music with the mating calls of an elephant. hidious music coms from that room
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img] i can see he is improving though.
    Mens Et Manus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bass, guitar and drums. A little violin, at least enough to scare the cats. Some Mandolin.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast