User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Darlas never going to let me live this one down...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Aug. 10 2005,4:14)]Do you know how it works?
    hehehe, you already know the answer to that one PAK.

It's bad aroma therapy. Powdered Coyote Urine would make the squirrel's or other rodents...most animals actually think that a coyote was in the area marking it up.

Squirrels and Coyote's don't mix. Well they do, but not in that happy bubble gum sort of way.

Just buy a Coyote for a whole yard.
    Lithops care info: If you take care of it, it will die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was really nice of you to not kill them [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] ~Niki~ [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shake-away makes them think a predator is in the area. Note: IT HAS NO SMELL DETECTABLE BY HUMANS but it keeps the critters away! As I said before, I won't be without it. I live where I couldn't use traps or poison without getting in serious trouble from the townehouse management. Only one maintenance worker knows how I solved the problem. Management is just happy I'm not complaining this year because I nearly broke my ankle in a mole hill last summer.

I am a writer and WOULD NOT post anything about this product if it didn't work so well. Look on the Maine site and you can see a plastic container for holding the scent in a specific location. I have one of those stuck in the middle of my 20 ft square butterfly garden. I want butterflies but don't want mice/other rodents that close to my house.

I will hang bags of it just under the doorjamb this winter to keep the mice from deciding my house would be a nice warm place for the winter with plenty of bird-scattered birdfood to eat too!

Supposedly an inch wide line would protect 10 feet (5 on either side of line) of land. I've drawn a line between my townehouse and the townehouse on the other side of the lawn between the two sets of 8 townehouses. This kept the moles/voles away for 6 weeks last time! I just redid my lines last week because they are starting to tunnel again. I have 1 1/2 cans left so I can treat once more if I need to.

I will also use this around my species tulips/miniature daffodils planted in containers so the squirrel doesn't dig up my miniature rock gardens this winter trying to get to those bulbs.
    Diana Pederson
    Michigan
    obsessivegardening.com
    christianreviewer.com
    livingwithcockatiels.com

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Get them, put them in an artight box. Pump in some Co2. Wait 10 mins. Put them in a freezer bag. Pack some dry ice around them and mail them to me.
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That mom mouse wasn't being stupid...she was protecting her babies. It's a high priority for lots of animals, though I once read an interesting article that said earwigs protect their babies, too. Wolf spiders carry their babies around on their backs. Some fish carry their babies around in their mouths.

Anyway, thanks for not killing the mice. It was very humane of you, and very honourable. I think mice are real cute, and they don't dare come into the house. Because I have 10 cats with nothing better to do, the lazy sods.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some giant burrowing cockroaches in australia take care of their babies for NINE MONTHS. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool story! I love observing stuff like that and am a bit surprised that despite the obvious threat the mouse tried to move the babies. I know that with fish disturbance may cause them to eat the eggs/fry even if they would have cared for them(better food for them then food for someone else). Then again they will stand their ground against a human hand coming towards the fry too.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12