What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old time mego toy fans?

Hey folks,
Some of you may remember the old 8" Mego Toys of TV and movie charachters from the 1970s. Mabudon, you asked about a Lee Majors figure, that line was done by Mego.

I'm looking at doing an articulated 'average joe' built body for a new company who's a total collectors only kinda company. Everything they do looks just like it's staright outta 1970 with the removeable stitched clothes, the whole nine yards!  While I won't be doing anything more than sculpting the body from neck to ankles it will be fun to do an actual plaything type toy instead of a static statue. My "body" will be their stock body for some time to come...
If you ever saw my body you'd know that's scary!  
smile_n_32.gif

That's WICKED news man- it might not be the most exciting looking thing you've done, but to be making the prototype body for an entire line of figures is a big deal, congrats to you (and you know this is only the beginning)
Guard well the secret of wax Bro!!

Hurrah! Congraulations! I'm sure they'll love your model! I'm sure more good news is on the way for you!
smile.gif

Thanks folks!
I spoke to them tonight on the phone, it sounds like it'll be a pretty cool deal. Given the style they're after I should have smething for them in almost no time. They're a young company so it's cool to be there when they themselves are just getting going. They made some splashes at Toy Fair in NYC the last couple years with a few limited edition things but this will be their first mass produced figure. There's a possibility of more body types and other sculpting too. But we'll see how it is to work for them on this first project. The thing about freelancing is you never know what kinda people you're getting involved with.
It's like going to a new job everyday!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

My dad has several of the star wars mego dolls. Lol.:p

They're probly worth a good deal nowadays! I went to the flea market where you used to find all those old toys in good shape (and boxes usually) but aparently all the sellers have heard of Ebay and now know they're sitting on small fortunes! The prices were amazing compared to just a few years ago!

Back