What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green swamp tour

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    pings

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I was thinking that maybe we can get a trip together and meet at the green swamp NC, before all the plants go dormant.

I can promise that you'll see, S.purpurea, S.minor, S.flava, S.rubra, S.leucophylla, VFT's, D.capillaris, D.intermedia, Pings and many different bladderworts. There are other plants that may be spotted , including D.filiformis, D.brefolia and many others.

If there is anyone interested getting a group together just post here.

When, where, how and how much? Do we have to tip the tour guide??
smile_l_32.gif

Are there sssssssssssssssnakes?

I'd be intersted.

But I'd need to know when to see if I could be off work/school and to check prices for plane/car/hotel. Money would most likely be my limiting factor.

Well, I don't really care when the trip will be since I'm free almost any weekend. So we'll make it when the most people can make it. If you're the only one interested then come anytime you want.

When, where, how and how much? Do we have to tip the tour guide??
smile_l_32.gif

Are there sssssssssssssssnakes?

When?----whenever we can

Where?----duhhh, the green swamp

How much?----free for some, but not you,

Tips?-----Not mandatory, but would be appreciated from certain members.

I think there will be a few swamp snake around, but some of them are friendly.

Yes money for the flight and time for the visum is the limiting factor...
smile_h_32.gif

I really look forward like to join your tour...sometimes.

Well, maybe you guys can list weekends that you are avaiable and then we can decide which would be the best.
I'm free almost anytime except Sept 2nd - 4th.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Where?----duhhh, the green swamp
LOL!

hmm... I'll see what my mom says.
edit: I HOPE there are snakes... but what scares me is... will there be a lot of mosquitoes? LOL

Bug spray is a must. Bring it or be very sorry. You'll be wanting mosquitoes when the chiggers get a hold of you.

I'll be selling bug spray for $5 a spray.

nah, I can handle ticks, chiggers, etc... but not mosquitoes, ants, bees/wasps (stinging me).
chiggers and ticks are just annoying, but mosquitoes and the others hurt! (mosquitoes hurt in an annoying kind of way :p)

Ok, I'll bet you'll change your mind if you ever have a real bad chigger attack.
They are the most annoying itchy things i've ever had.

I would be interested as well. I just need to know when you guys plan to do it so I can try to talk the wife into going. Most preferably on a Sat. When you guys figure out a date then I can try to arrange something. If it doesn't work this year I;m sure we can arrange something for next year so alot of folks can have alot of time to plan. WOO HOO CP's in the wild.
smile_n_32.gif

Ozzy: I think we all here are honerd by your offer and the trust you put in us all.

Well since no suggestions was made on what date would be best for this trip, I'll suggest one. What about September 24th.

smile_h_32.gif
well, I can't go. I told my mom and she just kind of gave me a weird look (meaning no) :p

Sounds good to me.
smile.gif

Hmmm, I'm trying to think...when my mom said...she was taking a week off from work...cuz I think it's around..September 24th...which rocks..but I really doubt she'd let me go anyway...concidering she thinks you are all pedophiles that grow carnivorous plants as a cover......this is gonna be a challenge......A challenge..above all challenges. But I shall try!

Well, tell her that you'll be less than 10 miles from the ocean, and only 30 miles away from all the shopping she can handle at Myrtle Beach.
If she wants to call me, I can talk to her and assure her that we are anything but pedophiles.

LOL! That should help! The phone call won't help though. I tried to get her to talk to elgecko about the SEPACPS but everytime I handed her the phone she acted like I was handing her a grenade without the clip thingy. I'll do my best though! Actually, she's home right now, I'll go talk to her about it. Wish me luck!

Ozzy,is there a address or road near so I can do a map search and see how far away I am.Doutful that I can make it but you never know.

Jerry

hwy 211 and hwy 17 in supply NC

Back