What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Herp trips

JBL

I recently googled 'pine barren' for pics of CP there.  I came across this wonderful site.  I contacted the owner, Eitan Grunwald, for permission to post the link here.  He very graciously gave permission to link, so I decided to post this in the general forum so that the most people can enjoy it.

Reptile and amphibian lovers--prepare to be in awe!  
smile.gif

http://www.eitangrunwald.com/herptrips/

P.S.  You will see CP in some of these pics, but that is not his focus.  The well written narrative just adds to the enjoyment!

wow cool!
don't you just HATE people who go out and find ten snakes on the first ten minutes?
god that's annoying.
lol

Great link.
Now I want to go even more.

Awesome site.

Wow, they have pictures of some beautiful snakes! Thanks for the link, I'm not historically much of a snake person (just in that I've never owned one myself, I'm not afraid of them or something,) but I thoroughly enjoyed reading some of the entries anyway. Good thing this post'll bump this back up, again.
smile.gif

Despite my having posted this, I'm with you EST--not a herp fan. But I couldn't help myself with this site--it is mesmerizing. Thanks for bumping it. People don't have to post to this, but if they just go to the site and spend a few minutes, it will be worth it. I think about the time and quality of Eitan's work, and I'll use that as a model for what I do (no matter what it is).

I've always had trouble with the concept of someone seeing a poisonous snake and then running towards it. But otherwise it's a great site.

VENOMOUS snake.
(yes, I know the words are used incorrectly a lot of times)
poisonous means that you eat/touch it and you get sick/die.
venomous means the animal stings/bites/actively injects venom into you.
as far as I know there is no such thing as a poisonous snake.

I'd LOVE to see a venomous snake and I WOULD run towards it. I wouldn't even TRY to catch it though. Just take tons of pictures.

Poisonous, venomous; whatever they are, I prefer keeping my distance.  That was the major reason I headed northeast for grad school from Mississippi instead of going west twenty years ago.  I didn't mind a snake if I saw it before I was on top of it, but the up close and personal surprises took their toll.

I'm not into snakes but that is a cool website. Even has flower pics.
smile.gif

I just have to wonder how many wonderful rocks and minerals are right there under their feet being ignored.
confused.gif

Back