User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Happiness is a new (used) turntable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found a decent Technics turntable at a thrift store yesterday, so I can finally listen to records again. Records, by the way, are 12" diameter pieces of vinyl that us people of a certain age have been hoarding for years. The motor in my previous turntable failed and I've been waiting a few years for a replacement to come along. At a price I'm willing to pay, that is. I'll put a new cartridge on the turntable and can make new tapes of all my old records. Well, I mean I can do that when the tape deck is back home from the shop. Ain't old technology wonderful?
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup.
    I've used my Sondek for very near twenty years and wouldn't part with it for the world.
    T.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My hands were reaching for a used Thorens 20+ years ago and I pulled back. Stupid, stupid, stupid. But this Technics is a good one and will be even better with a new Grado cartridge. Turntables are in high demand and, as some might say, it's a good thing.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a Technics I bought from best buy 10 years ago, it still rocks! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turntables have come a long way. New tables are almost indestructible and very costly often coming with diamond tip needles. My brother is a club DJ (a real one, not the guys who play other peoples music)

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I had a turntable. I have soooo many albums I want to hear and miss. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] I miss my old Pioneer component stereo system.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome