What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chronokiento

• Thread starter Windplant
  • Start date
hey im just asking, u talk japanse or chinse?, i wanna know if u can teach me some words.. hehe =).

LOL! I don't speak either but I want to learn Japanese. It's hard to find anywhere that teaches that language around here. The quote above my avatar is from Final Fantasy VII Advent Children. I only know like...10 words in Japanese. Sorry. ^_^;

oh ok well is cool, take care, =).

I know a tiny bit of Japanese.I took it for 3 years in high school.Watashi wa Niki des
smile_n_32.gif
~Niki~

Three years and only a tiny bit?! Shessh Niki. =P

I'm Japanese (well, half) and speak it fluenty. I've also lived in Mexico DF for 3 years, windplant. Tis a small world.

To anyone wanting to learn a new language:
The "Teach Yourself" kits are highly recommendable, my little brother learned Gulf Arabic and is in the process of learning German. I'm sure the Japanese one is as good.

Good luck,

Amori

A gal from Montreal called sszvein also speaks Japanese.

Wow, the teach it yourself kits actually work?....I shall remember that.....

Niki you were so lucky to have Japanese in your high school! It's not ANYWHERE around here! I think it's mostly because it's not an easy language to learn. *sigh* I'll see if any colleges around here have that language...

Haha Tink
smile_n_32.gif
I've been out of school for 6 years now,so yeah I forgot a bit
smile_n_32.gif
I know how to say,can I please go to the washroom,but I'm not sure how to spell it...something like:toere i ite moi des ka?I dunno
smile_n_32.gif
ChronoKiento~Yeah,it's a neat language,we also had a choice to take french(of course)and spanish.~Niki des~

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trapper7 @ Aug. 23 2005,3:36)]Haha Tink
smile_n_32.gif
 I've been out of school for 6 years now,so yeah I forgot a bit
smile_n_32.gif
 I know how to say,can I please go to the washroom,but I'm not sure how to spell it...something like:toere i ite moi des ka?I dunno
smile_n_32.gif
 ChronoKiento~Yeah,it's a neat language,we also had a choice to take french(of course)and spanish.~Niki des~
Niki, that was Japanese? 'moi' & 'des' sure look French to me! Actually, all but ka looks French. Isn't 'ka' Bajorean?

She meant to say desu ka. Desu ka at the end of the sentence is
always a question. kore wa donata no kaban desu ka. Which means whose bag is this? In japanese , the question mark is optional, at least that's how I learned it

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]To anyone wanting to learn a new language:
The "Teach Yourself" kits are highly recommendable, my little brother learned Gulf Arabic and is in the process of learning German. I'm sure the Japanese one is as good.

Very interesting, there are a few languages (Japanese, Latin) that I'd love to learn but aren't offered beyond the first year here (and that's at the community college, they only have french and spanish at the high school.) Can you tell us specifically what brand or type of system was successful for your brother (or you)?? I'm quite curious and I don't want to waste my money.

Niki is confused.

Est: the actual kits are called "Teach Yourself". It's a British company (I think) but you can find them on Amazon.com. Generously priced, if you ask me.

Cheers!

I think Niki was trying to say toire ni itemo ii desuka?
Can I go to the loo?

I lived in Japan a few years and worked as a Japanese guide in Australia, and my wife is Japanese.

Cheers, Troy.

My youngest boy taught himself Japanese through a program called "Power Japenese." He now has a Japanese girlfriend, and her family adores him because he speaks the language. From a program, no less. I learned my limited Japanese through learning Karate and Aikido.

I have the teach yourself jaapnese learning pack, but so far ive failed ot learn a lot of japanese, simply because of how many words they require you to learn every day
In the first day you are required to learn 73 words and the next youre required to say complete sentences in Japanese!!
I find this very frustrating because I have very bad short term memory and I struggle to learn all the words
smile_h_32.gif

All I know is that "des" should be "desu" it's still pronounced the same way. Usually when there's a "u" at the end of the Japanese word it is silent.

-(Kyle)-

i dont know much chinese or japanese, just some really nasty ones! hahahahaha.

chinese: "ni how" translation: good day (i think)
smile_m_32.gif

Japanese, at least at a colloquial level, is a very easy language to learn. I speak fluent Japanese (having lived there as a teenager) and now work for a Japanese company as a lawyer. Pronunciation is easy as there are only 5 vowels and no real diphthongs, and the consonants are fairly straightforward too. It's just when you get into formal Japanese that it gets very difficult.

Hamish

Back