Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Optical mouse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with optical mice is that even a tiny hair trapped inside can make your pointer whiz all of the place. The lense is also quite delicate.
    At least you don't have an Apple mouse. Apple stuff is great, but so unreliable. Apple mice break all the time, iPod batteries last two years then the whole thing has to go in the bin, iBook keyboards always break. Apple is like Alfa Romeo - great to look at, but unreliable.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you are supposed to sent the ipod in and get a new lithium battery for 50 bucks or so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a wireless optical mouse and i have to change the batteries every 4-5 months, thats not bad for me. I love them
    "You can never underestimate the stupidity of the general public" -Scott Adams-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one, much better than the old roll mouse one. (mine's from IBM apparently... I thought it was from logitech!)

don't forget-recycle your batteries!
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the battery thing is probably directly related to brand and model. the newspaper i work at has a Canon 35mm SLR(model # escapes me at the moment) that eats batteries like they are going out of style, we replaced them every week before we got the digital Rebel. my 35mm Canon Rebel will get used just as much and not have to replace the batteries for 6 months or more. brand and even model number, and brand of battery can have alot to do with battery life.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Switched to a Logitech optical a few years ago and never looked back. It seemed like I was always taking the ball out and finding a hair or tiny glob of dirt or needing to clean the 2 rollers that contact the ball....

I'll never willingly go back....
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have a wireless RF optical mouse and wireless RF keyboard. They came as a set from Logitech. Thing is AWESOME, it is actually my second one of these... On this one the transmiter is a charger... So every couple of weeks I toss the mouse on the charger... As far as the keyboard, it needs to have the batteries (rechargables) changed out every 3 months or so.... Here is what i've got logitech mouse/keyboard set.
    If you want to know more about my computer you can see it at this topic. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img] LOL
    Andrew

OH, and I use mine right on the wood desk... yeah, you can see the wear mark but i don't care. I've never liked to use mouse pads... I never have any problem with it freaking out at all... I had my last Logitech RF keyboard/mouse kit for about 2 years and was still in working condition when i up graded and gave the old one to my neighbor... Who it still works perfectly for. My new one I got from Sams Club for about 60 bucks.

-Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll have a laser-related freakout about 5% as often as you'll have a gummed-up-ball-related freakout.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast