Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I love townhouses!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim:

All I have to do is call maintenance! I've never had that many things go wrong at once though.

Our townehouse board has made a practice of "preventive" maintenance. Example: Two water intakes (or whatever they are called) have rusted causing basements to be flooded. Our townehouse is having ALL of them replaced rather than having continuous problems for residents.

Your situation sounds like a case of very poor maintenance and no preventative maintenance.

Maybe this is why we were named one of Hud's top coops a couple of years ago and our maintenance men have won awards with the management company.
    Diana Pederson
    Michigan
    obsessivegardening.com
    christianreviewer.com
    livingwithcockatiels.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozzy, that was the idea. It's time for a new one, anyway, though, so consider the milk carton dead!

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should add that partof these problems have been long-standing, partially because we were afraid of being blamed for some of them, and because they have SO many apartments needing attention, that they don't get to them too promptly.

Thanks, Hamish for your empathy!

Our AC is back and we have a new fridge. That old fridge was a joke! It leaked and the little piece that covers the fan that circulates the air had one plastic part break off, so I've taken to watering it and freezing it back in place. Duct tape, silicone sealer, and crazy glue so not work Then I used a drinking container the approximate height to keep it in place. Had to so the same for the j-trap underneath the kitchen sink, to keep it in place.

My son just got hired by them to help with all the painting that needs to be done.

The ownership changed hands, recently and the tenant response has been much better. But they are now shelling out a lot more for all of us - plumbing, floors, appliances, painting....

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the milk carton... He was so happy. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]

I live in a 1924 house and yeah there are always problems but I prefer the old houses to the new any day. Even in expensive new homes I've seen things like plastic mullions and fake wood floors and stuff. Ugh!

I'd love to live in an old Victorian. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Aug. 24 2005,1:45)]My son just got hired by them to help with all the painting that needs to be done.
    I guess that means your house is gonna get painted first then Jim [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took a look at him the other day. Not sure how he is doing with the other apartments, but he certainly looked like an abstract! Fortunately, ours was just painted, where the ceiling as damaged by the leaking toilets,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the last 3 months we've had to buy a new stove, fridge, and washing machine. It's one of the reasons I miss apartment life . It was nice not to worry about this stuff! It would have all been replaced,no expense to me.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, definitely, both owning and renting can be headaches, for different reasons, as well as having their own, respective advantages.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast