Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Annual bacps plant show and sale

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Pictures from 2003 and 2004 shows are now at BACPS Photo Gallery

Sorry, can someone tell me where instructions are for posting? I guess I'm having a problem figuring out how I can store the picture so I can refer to it. I assume terraforums doesn't host the images, but links to somewhere I have...

Stephen Davis
    www.carnivorousplants.homestead.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mgiht be able to attend one of your meetings I do plan on going to california for fall break, Ill see if you guys have any october meetings
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barring anything unexpected, I will be there. I am comming up from San Jose. Hope to see all you local people there.. you know who you are.. lol

Cheers
    Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going for sure! Wouldn't miss it for anything. I'm bringing lots of plants for trade/raffle/auction to make room for stuff to buy! LOL! WOOHOO!!!!

Capslock <-- very excited!
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, last year the morning started out with an incredible rain storm. Drive 40mph on the freeway kind of downpours. This year it was looking like we might get rain again, but now rain is out of the forcast and it looks like we are going to have a nice day in the 70's. Hope a lot of you can show up!

Stephen Davis
    www.bacps.org
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump. . . the show is tomorrow!

And the galleries are from 2003 and 2004 as opposed to 2008. Sorry Stephen, we can't see that far into the future.

See ya'll manana!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the show was a good one! There weren't as many vendors as in the past, but it was a good showing nevertheless, and plenty of plants were on display and for sale. Good ones, too. Forbes showed up with his mammoth collection of rare drosera, and many good vft cultivars, among other things. California Carnivores sent along a tray of rare nepenthes for sale, and I picked up a N. mikei, a N. diatas, and N. villosa (at 20 bucks for a 3-inch plant.) Sam Estes generously sent along some nice big nepenthes from his ******* Hapu Nepenthes Nursery in Hawaii for our raffle, which had a good assortment of plants. There were other people selling some cool plants as well, and I got a big, nice vft from the Stephen Davis clan's booth. (I also got "wacky traps", "fused tooth", "creeping death" and "Hosford FL" vft cultivars from Forbes.)

All in all, a good time on a beautiful sunny day. Many thanks to those who put it all together!

Capslock
    PS: I got a 2nd place ribbon for my N. x Predator in the display contest! Woohoo!
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awww...I wish I could have gone. Sounds like a great time! Congratulations Capslock. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast