What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annual bacps plant show and sale

Last year we had quite a few people from out of town come to the event. Anyone with more than an hour drive coming this year?

Where are you coming from is, I guess, the next question!
smile_l_32.gif

I'm only about 10 minutes away.

Northern San Joaquin Valley. I've posted event flyers at nurseries in Elk Grove, Modesto, and Turlock. We'll wait to see if there are any new faces from this neck of the woods. . .

Good job, KingDomO79! Right on!!!

Pictures from 2003 and 2004 shows are now at BACPS Photo Gallery

Sorry, can someone tell me where instructions are for posting? I guess I'm having a problem figuring out how I can store the picture so I can refer to it. I assume terraforums doesn't host the images, but links to somewhere I have...

Stephen Davis
www.carnivorousplants.homestead.com

I mgiht be able to attend one of your meetings I do plan on going to california for fall break, Ill see if you guys have any october meetings

Barring anything unexpected, I will be there.  I am comming up from San Jose. Hope to see all you local people there..  you know who you are..  lol

Cheers
Steve

I'm going for sure! Wouldn't miss it for anything. I'm bringing lots of plants for trade/raffle/auction to make room for stuff to buy! LOL! WOOHOO!!!!

Capslock <-- very excited!

Well, last year the morning started out with an incredible rain storm. Drive 40mph on the freeway kind of downpours. This year it was looking like we might get rain again, but now rain is out of the forcast and it looks like we are going to have a nice day in the 70's. Hope a lot of you can show up!

Stephen Davis
www.bacps.org
My Webpage

Bump. . . the show is tomorrow!

And the galleries are from 2003 and 2004 as opposed to 2008. Sorry Stephen, we can't see that far into the future.

See ya'll manana!

Well, the show was a good one! There weren't as many vendors as in the past, but it was a good showing nevertheless, and plenty of plants were on display and for sale. Good ones, too. Forbes showed up with his mammoth collection of rare drosera, and many good vft cultivars, among other things. California Carnivores sent along a tray of rare nepenthes for sale, and I picked up a N. mikei, a N. diatas, and N. villosa (at 20 bucks for a 3-inch plant.) Sam Estes generously sent along some nice big nepenthes from his Leilani Hapu Nepenthes Nursery in Hawaii for our raffle, which had a good assortment of plants. There were other people selling some cool plants as well, and I got a big, nice vft from the Stephen Davis clan's booth. (I also got "wacky traps", "fused tooth", "creeping death" and "Hosford FL" vft cultivars from Forbes.)

All in all, a good time on a beautiful sunny day. Many thanks to those who put it all together!

Capslock
PS: I got a 2nd place ribbon for my N. x Predator in the display contest! Woohoo!

Awww...I wish I could have gone. Sounds like a great time! Congratulations Capslock.
smile.gif

Well when I was offered the chance to work for doubletime I just couldnt pass it up. Looks like Ill have to catch you all at the next show.

Wow Max.. looks like you really cleaned up out there
biggrin.gif

Cheers
Steve

Yes, I noticed you were NOT there Steve!!!

Don't worry though, there will be more shows and the more plants we get, the more we can spread around!! My new vfts are about the size of a dime, however, so it might be a while. LOL!

Capslock

Back