What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please keep them in your thoughts

• Thread starter prizmbatch
  • Start date
My best friend lives in new orleans and is stuck in the convention center/dome. they are due to be hit with a catagory 5 hurricane within the next few hours. all her family is with her, please keep them and other people in your thoughts and prayers. thank you!

can't they travel somewhere safe?

i will pray.

That is a bad situation. I have been watching this storm all day. This looks almost to be as bad of a situation as it can get. I just don't understand why they allowed anybody to ride this out inside the city. I hope for the best for the people there.

they can't leave at this point the streets are bumper to bumper and the rest of the people are to poor to leave. they sent everyone left there to the dome. they are just waiting. but their whole city could be under water in the morning. this is the worst situation possible. my friend didn't have time to oard up her house so she said she was going to let it go with the wind. she's got higher spirits than i do. she's never been in a hurricane, i have. for those who have been watching it is an awsome storm, i've been keeping a close eye on it the past 2 days. it's amazing to see the power of nature in this way. the national weather service website has good satelite images.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I'll be sure to keep them and everyone else in my prayers. I hope things look better soon....

I was in that big evacuation about 6 years ago... I came back and there were a few signs knocked down and a few tree limbs on the ground. That was it.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like that's going to be the case this time. I guess we can hope.
confused.gif

Back