Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Easy low cost pure water,

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    While looking for a solution to solve a problem I am having with my fresh water fish tank, I came across a tap water filter.
    A deionizer to be exact. From my understanding, deionized water is ever better than RO water. Anyone that is a expert in water (Jimscott?) please comment on this as I would be very curious. It says in the FAQ that some people run RO water through this thing to make the RO water super pure, but doing so also saves the Deionized cartridge... But I don't think you can beat it for 29.69 for the device, and refill cartridges for 16.19 for one 43.19 for 3 and 80.99 for 6.
    deionized tap water filter
    Andrew

EDIT: (added just for you Cassie) The prices given here are LIMITED TIME ONLY!! SO GET YOURS NOW! 10% OFF NORMAL PRICING FROM THE SITE GIVEN!

-Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i had a tap water filter under my nose the whole time and I always thought it wasn't safe enough to use for my cps, well I still use water from a lake, but I will try my water :P.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Keep in mind there are MANY low cost tap water purifiers that are NOT good enough for cps... Like Brita... But this one appears to be perfect. As long as you keep your eye on that filter thingie and replace it when nessasary.
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, well mine's probably only safe for drinking. I will just stick with my lake water, only disadvantage is that it's hard to do water cuttings, since algae forms faster since it's lake water :P.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this will work, you are a saint adnedarn, and I forever pledge allegiance to you [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] ! I have been suffering with the issue of pure water. It gets expensive and tedious going out to buy water regularly, with my plants suffering when I don't have enough money. I was about to invest in an RO unit, but maybe now I wont have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    adnedarn: enter code :adnedarntheseller: and you'll get another 73% off at checkout!

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what?

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know anything about RO water, other than CP growers use it. I use the Deionized water at the lab and asked one of my co-workers about the difference between Deionized & distilled. Bottom line is that distilled is exposed to the air and can pick up metals that might be exisient. In contrast, deionized isn't exposed to the air, so it is purer than distilled.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast