User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It doesn't pay to get all worked up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont generally get worked up though occationally ppl do tourqe me off. Scott, what you did sounds like something my wife would do.

as to road rage. my Uncle lived in Chicago, Orlando, Seattle, and Honalulu and couldnt figure out what all the stuff about road rage was about in south Cali. well he got stationed in the San Diego area and after about a half hour in LA traffic he wanted to kill some one [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite a while ago, I did a six-month co-op with an engineering firm in the Wasington DC area.

My boss, who was an extremely quiet guy, had an 'unusual' form of entertainment:

Where I-270 intersects the DC beltway, there is a section of road prior to the beltway where you must choose which direction on the beltway you'd like to go. This section is about 1/2 mile long and has a large thick line so you know if your heading for the beltway west and south (counterclockwise) or east and north (clockwise). My boss would look for someone on the 'wrong' side of the thick line, with turn-signals flashing, obviously trying to switch to the other side. He would pull up exactly opposite that person and pretend that he didn't know they wanted to get over (often ignoring horns and screaming). He would stay in this position until the road separated and the other person was 'doomed' to going the wrong way on the beltway.

During rush hour and with no close exits to get turned around, this could cause the person over an hour of additional driving time. I'm surprised he's still alive....
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And he is your direct supervisor? Oy! I wouldn't get into a game of Risk with him. He may wanna take over the world - or else!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That boss is pretty much the perfect storm of passive-aggressiveness. He probably doesn't have the cojones to take on the family chihuahua without surrounding himself in a ton of steel first.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Aug. 31 2005,5:08)]And he is your direct supervisor?
    Quote[/b] ]Quite a while ago,
    - actually this was back in 1978 - not still my boss... have not seen him in 27 yrs...
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (RL7836 @ Aug. 31 2005,4:51)]Quite a while ago, I did a six-month co-op with an engineering firm in the Wasington DC area.

My boss, who was an extremely quiet guy, had an 'unusual' form of entertainment:

Where I-270 intersects the DC beltway, there is a section of road prior to the beltway where you must choose which direction on the beltway you'd like to go. This section is about 1/2 mile long and has a large thick line so you know if your heading for the beltway west and south (counterclockwise) or east and north (clockwise). My boss would look for someone on the 'wrong' side of the thick line, with turn-signals flashing, obviously trying to switch to the other side. He would pull up exactly opposite that person and pretend that he didn't know they wanted to get over (often ignoring horns and screaming). He would stay in this position until the road separated and the other person was 'doomed' to going the wrong way on the beltway.

During rush hour and with no close exits to get turned around, this could cause the person over an hour of additional driving time. I'm surprised he's still alive....
    Some people are alive ONLY because it's illegal to kill them.

Your boss is such a person.

I'd have zero use for such a waste of space breathing my air.

I really do hope he does this to the wrong guy someday, and gets what I think he deserves.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12