Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have another story to tell

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of you have probably read the story and seen the pics of the canebrake rattlesnake I posted yesterday. I forgot my camera there and I had to drive back to get it yesterday. This happened on the way back home. I had decided not to post this story but I changed my mind because it has really been bugging me since it happened. I haven't said a word about this to anybody else at all, this is the first time I have even spoke about it.

A few weeks ago I was on my way to a snake demostration and I passed an area that looked perfect to have cp's. I was in a hurry so I couldn't stop. I haven't been able to get back to that area because it is about 30 miles from where I live. Yeserday I had to pass right by it to get my camera, so I decided that I would stop on the way back and see what I found. I stopped, got out and since this area was right beside the road so I didn't take anything with me except my snake tongs. I started looking around. The only thing I found was what looked like raccoon tracks in the mud. I was only there for about 2 minutes when I heard a sound I had never heard before. Most people that knows me says that I don't have any fears at all, which is mostly true. But this sound terrified me. It was like a low growl. There was a stand of young pine trees about 8 to 10 ft tall, and this sound seemed to be coming from right past those trees. My first thought was that it was a bear, so I turned around and ran to my van which was about 100 ft away. I opened the door and jumped right in. Since nothing came from out of those trees, I got my camera and got back out. I could hear the growling sound just as I had heard it before. It seemed to be about the same distance away from me as it was when I was by those trees. Since I can take movies with sound with my camera, I started recording. I didn't have much memory left because I took a number of movies of race cars at Lowe's Motor Speedway the day before. I then ran out of memory. A car passed by and after the car had passed, I listened but the sound was gone and there was no way I was going to go look for it. I decided to leave. I downloaded the movie but my camera didn't pick up the noise.
    Anybody have any idea what it could have been?

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You were really hungry.....
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang, That must have been it. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alligator?

A long time ago my cousin and I struggled through dense underbrush to fish a promising looking little pond near our grandparents' house in Florida. We started hearing a low roaring sound but couldn't tell if it was near or far. Casting was tough anyway and we decided there were better places to be. We told our grandfather and he chewed us out because he said he had told us years before that a big alligator was back there. I guess it was breeding season and the big guy (alligator, not grandfather) didn't want us in his hood.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In school I had a sound design class and I was told about a project some other people were working on. They went out to get a recording of an alligator... and when you listened to it it went something like this:

"(footsteps) splash... splash... splash... splash... splash... splash... splash... rrraaaaaAAWWWRRR... SPLASHSPLASHSPLASHSPLASHSPLASHSPLASHSPLASH"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it could have been an alligator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't North Carolina too far north for gators? Maybe it was a bobcat or something.
    Hi. My name is Ron, and I am a nepaholic.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No there are plenty of gators here.
    I would think a bobcat would have a higher pitched growl. The sound I heard was extremly low.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast