What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you get id when you have none?

• Thread starter Vertigo
  • Start date
Anyone have any clue how in the US you would get ID without having any?

Long story short...i was living in a bunch of different places, so i have no idea where my social security card nor birth certificate are at the moment. I know they're in a wallet, in a box "somewhere". No idea if that box still exists.

My ID card is expired so it's no help, and my lovely bank decided to close my account for me. How nice of them.

At any rate, to get my ID card renewed I need my social security card. To get a social security card again I apparently need my ID and birth certificate. To get a birth certificate again apparently I need my ID and social security card...

It's seems like one of those catch22's where you can't get a job without experience, and can't get the experience without a job...only with more plot twists.

Anyone ever had to go through this all before and have any tips?

I recently got a copy of my birth certificate.
I was moving, and my original certificate was packed away somewhere, couldnt find it..I needed a copy ASAP for my marriage license!

I had to give them a credit card number, had to be in my name, and they would only ship it to the address for the credit card.
and then I had to give all the relevant information that would be on the certificate, date of birth, parents name, location of birth..all that stuff.
since I knew all that info, and the credit card was in my name, thats all they needed to send me the certificate.

that might work for you!
I got mine through the Pennsylvania state webpage.
try the webpage for your state of birth and see if you cand the info on getting a duplicate certificate..

Scot

Ok, tried the website route. Sent them an e-mail inquiring.

I'd try the credit card thing, but all that was tied into my bank so nothing is valid anymore. Basically i'm starting from scratch so i'm not sure what will hold up as valid for them to give me any of the other pieces of ID.

So far I have expired ID, bills in my name with current address, hospital birth registration (not state certificate but it has a seal i think), and then copies of the other pieces that i'm trying to get. Mostly i just have copies and those don't normally fly.

Move to CA, anyone can get a drivers license there and then you can get a voters registeration card.
Look at it this way, you no longer exist, so you don't have to pay income tax.
laugh.gif

Back