Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone and everyone with dormancy questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think that much effort is necessary but, as Vertigo says, everyone needs to look at their own situation. Maybe I'm not ambitious enough (my mother would agree) but if I were thinking about getting a Sarr or two and thought I had to do that much to keep them alive, maybe I'd plant tulips instead. I certainly agree with that level of effort for a collection like Wild Bill's, but a kid wanting to try a couple Sarrs in CT can overwinter them with much less effort.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Sep. 07 2005,3:09)]Methinks the outdoor dormancy section is overly pessimistic for people growing Sarrs in the north. I don't mean north like Yellowknife, NWT but north like here in CT. If I read that before I got Sarrs I wouldn't have Sarrs.
    You will note that at the beginning of the article I specifically noted that it was not all inclusive and that it was not the end all be all. Most of the contributors to that article are Southerner type folk so we only put out what we knew from our experience. I always encourage others to share their experience and I thank you and Vertigo and Jim for speaking out.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

Hagerstown, Maryland

--

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12