What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A JimScott Poll: When You First Log onto TF,

A jimscott poll: when you first log onto tf, - Do you...

• 1) Click on New Posts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2) Click on all the individual forums

• 3) Try to read every new post since your last login

• 4) Read only that which interests you

• 5) Avoid the General Dicussions forum/Go to the plant forums

• 6) Read what your friends write

• 7) First check to see who is online, then check posts

• 8) Go to the Trade Forum first

• 9) Check your PMs first

• 10) Perform searches to look up specific information

• Total voters

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
What do you do when you first log onto TerraForums? Have a routine? Feel compelled to read all new posts? Just skim around to see what interests you? Search for specific topics?

Let us know what you do at TF.
smile.gif

When I login, if I have pms, I will check those first. Other than that, I only check the sundew forums, trading forum, sometimes gen discussion and nep forums and sometimes sarrencia or vft.

Note:pms stands for private messages...not that other thing, i'ma guy :p

Check my PMs first (when there are any,) there's a box that pops up and everything- how could I resist? Though I usually hit "cancel" on the first box and go to my inbox manually for some reason... lol After that it's generally general discussion and then checking all around to see what's new and interesting.

I get all the latest dirt (find out who's been naughty and who's been nice) in the admin forum.

always glance to see if i have any new pm's

I normally click on New Posts first, but if there is a new PM, it kinda hits you between the eyes. Sometimes I don't have time to do much with the new posts and have to shut down. So when I pick it up again, that which had been new, disappears. Then I have to go through the individual forums. I also like to check out what my friends have written, especially when someone like Tamlin is the last replier. He has thise E.F. Hutton thing: "When Tamlin speaks, everybody listens". As PAK has probably noticed, I also check out the birthdays, as well as new registrants. I may have something in common with him or her, like Long Island or Buffalo or SE PA.

Um.... Steve.... what meanest thou?
smile_l_32.gif

I always hit new posts and see what looks interesting, unless that PM pop ups in the middle of the screen.

This would not normally be a post I would open but since it had that crazy guys name in the title I had to look.
smile_n_32.gif

check and answer pms first but thats only once or twice a week so i didnt vote that.

i check the individual forums first in this order if there have been new posts: Utrics, Neps, General, Trade.....from tehre it depends on where i have posted something recently.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]5) Avoid the General Dicussions forum/Go to the plant forums
is pretty much an obsolete, irrelevant choice because there should be no votes to it!

I pretty much get on, and go to the general forums. then click the ones that interest me and reply if i want to. Then I go back and skim through the others.
If i have PMs, which isn't very often, I read them first.

I agree and picked #4 but I don't think it and #1 are mutually exclusive.

~ Brett

Read my newest PM from jimscotscoot. Feel compelled to read any and all new posts. Try best to push that feeling aside as I can no longer deal with that responsibility due to high school. Check first page of General Discussions. Check several leopard gecko crisis topics to which I have an eternal responsibility to in Reptiles forum. Now only have time to go to plant forums if I have a definite reason to. Log off. Log back on the following weekend.

ha ha I ussually go to the trade fourm... always looking for new plants! ;)
Right after that I click new posts!! and spend leasure time reading
smile.gif

-Jc

Normally I check for answers to any questions I've posted or replies to just general stuff I might have posted. Then read the Venus Fly Trap section if anything is new as I love VFT's.

Been doing the private message thing recently as I had some seeds I was giving away so getting some messages...normally I don't get many. When I get one I read it first as the window pops up right away.

I almost immediately checked this topic first, because of the title. Jim seems pretty popular.

I check my PM's first, but it's pretty unavoidable since the window pops up in the middle of the screen. Somedays when I have little time, I just check the site to see if the window pops up and then I go to check my other sites. 7th grade is keeping me busy. Lately I haven't been participating much in the forums, though, as nobody probably noticed. But that was because of my annual summer sloth.

I used to start at the top of the forums and work my way through all the topics, but I've got so far behind now I just check to see if I have any PMs (I disabled the pop up notice), and then browse through, reading what catches my eye.

Hello, my name is Steve and I'm anal retentive
smile_n_32.gif

Back