Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Never in america?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I don't think felons will buy a gun,they can't.
    True however they can go to a street corner and buy one real cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]It is against the law for a felon to have any firearm
    That's not going to stop a felon from getting one. The problem is that the gun laws make it real difficult to buy a gun legally but a convicted felon or whacked out druggie can get one real easy, all they have to do is go to the local drug hangout or street corner and they can get a gun.
    Hi. My name is Ron, and I am a nepaholic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like I said,against the law to own/have in their possession.I didnt say they couldnt get a gun.

Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozzy, ill find it for you as soon as i can, darn dialup here at home is painfully slow.....................
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you Rattler. Why did the mayor not touch any of those busses he had lined up in the bus yard? Saw it on Hanity and Colmes last night. Must have been a hundred busses just in that one location. I wasn't aware they refused to sign the papers!! Now him and the govener are trying to lay the blame on Mr Bush. I accualy was starting to believe some of that rhetoric. Now I;m glad I have some evidence to the contrary. Why did they remove the head of Fema from his post? That looks funny to me. I sepculate that has something to do with the debit cards though and not the initial responce. It would have been far better for those folks to have piled onto busses and been shipped north or even west to get out of the way of the storm instead of piling them all into the superdome. Plus what good is it to make a manditory evacuation and then allow people to stay? That just makes someone else risk their life to get you out. Also on the gun issue. Even if we were to ban all guns like some of the loones want us to. The crime rate will not go down with guns. Do most of you guys realize that alot of the guns used in crimes were not bought legaly. They were bought on the black market. I could get a gun in a few hours of looking if I wanted one that is illegal. Your never going to get rid of them and if you make it illegal for the law abiding citizens to carry then they will become victoms from those carying illegal firearms.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozzy, i got most of the info from an article by a freelance journalist(actually it was basically copied directly). im doing my best to track down any other info i can. but its late and my dialup isnt helping matters at the moment.

As to the removal of the director of FEMA, the guy had no experiance, it was a political appointment. safe to say though his replacement is a solid individual. i wonder what may have been different if he had been heading FEMA instead of Brown?

interesting fact Louisiana recieved $1.9 billion over the last 5 years in projects for the Corps of Engineers. in second place is California with $1.4 billion. now your telling me for $1.9 billion dollars they couldnt strengthan those levys more?(this info is from a washington post article published on Thursday authored by Michael Grunwald, long rticle but i can post it if you wish)
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad to see more people are finally mad at the government! The gun guys always talk about the right to have guns and fight the government when's that gonna start?
    [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps some of you LEOs here can give me the straight scoop on this.
    My understanding is martial law has NOT been declared in New Orleans.
    Unless martial law has been formally declared in an area;
    -No one can be forced from their homes, even if their lives are in danger.
    -Legally owned firearms may not be confiscated from a citizen in his home unless he is committing a crime.
    -When martial law is declared ALL civil rights of citizens are suspended.
    Am I correct on that?

I agree with Ozzy. If the government can guarantee my safety...fine. Until then I will trust in Samuel Colt and Sturm and Ruger.

I agree with Rattler,trying to confiscate weapons from the Blackwater Security guys would make for interesting TV. These are very serious people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's more perspective on the sequence of events - http://www.alternet.org/story/25227/.

By the way, if "Blackwater Security guys" are so poorly trained that they'd refuse to hand their weapons to actual law enforcement officers, then the company cannot be allowed to have weapons. Not M-16's, not super soakers. At the first sign of trouble from one them, the corporate officers better be flying there to personally disarm them or the company needs to be shut down. Don't glorify the mercenaries.

This isn't an action movie; this is real life and people have been shooting law enforcement officers and others who are trying to fix problems. So, if it's necessary to temporarily disarm people to restore some sanity, so be it. I was an NRA member before some of you gun fetishists were born, but I grew up and got out.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast