Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Never in america?

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I started my first electrical job 13 years ago my supervisor asked me a question that I'll never forget. He asked "Who is the first person that is responsible for my safety." The answer is me. It all boils down to one point. You can't trust the city, state, or Federal government to look out for your best interests. You have to do it yourself. You can't wait until the city tells you to get on a bus, if you're in danger do whatever it takes to get yourself out. I know they were poor and didn't have money, but like I said, you can't depend on somebody else.
    Somebody asked about the mandatory evacuations. I've been through them many times. A mandatory evacuation means that everybody has to be off the streets. Of co use they want you to leave your home, but there is no law that can require you to leave your own property. If you stay they can arrest you if you are off your property. If you do leave the area they won't let you back in. They use scare tactics to try and get people to leave. They go around to the people that stay and tell them that they are on their own and there will be no help for them if they get into trouble. If that don't work they then ask for the people next of kin so they can be notified if they are killed. So mandatory evacuations does not mean than everybody has to leave.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and another thing, you can't trust the media to give you a clear picture of what's going on. New Orleans got the weak side of the storm. Miss. and Al. got the worse of it, but there have been very little coverage of that. When NC was devastasted with Hurricane Floyd, My wifes family called and asked if we had hogs floating in our yards, because that was all the media showed in Ohio where they live. With all the people struggling to survive they just report floating hogs.

There is another storm that is perdicted to hit us on Monday. Thank goodness it's just a baby hurricane, but so was Katrina until she got into the warm waters of the gulf. Since Ophila is slow moving it could get into the gulf stream and explode into a major storm like Katrina did. Most storms that hit NC increase in size just before they hit because they cross into the warm gulf stream that is just offshore. I'm sure it will happen somewhat with this storm but I don't see it turning into a mojor event.
    My first Hurricane since I've been home. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I'm glad to see more people are finally mad at the government! The gun guys always talk about the right to have guns and fight the government when's that gonna start?
    Just as soon as the government tries to take our firearms away. Actually we have been figihting our government for over a hundred years to keep our right to bear arms.

Mercenaries do not have to be glorified. They do the job they are hired for and collect their money. It is a high paying job that has been in existence the beginning of man. Don't knock it till you tried it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    most Blackwater employees make a whopping $200 a day. not exactly good money for what they are doing, nor the kind of pay that buys you experianced employees.

as to when gun owners start shooting back, remember Waco started over the Feds looking to collect a $200 tax. granted alot of otherstuff was going on there but the main justification the feds used to go in there was to enforce the Machine gun, scilencer and any other weapon tax which is a whopping $200. as far as New ORleans goes, i know plenty of ppl who would start shooting any LEO that attempted to take their guns from their private property, only none of the ones i know live in NO.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's something wrong in the mind of someone who would shoot a cop rather than turn over guns in an this kind of situation.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is something wrong in the mind of people that shoot medivac helicopters and into crowds of helpless people. That is the reaosn than the honest people there needs to keep their guns so that those same people don't rob, violent act or kill them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its not the guns themselves its what they represent. they are protection from anything and everything. in all reality if i am on my property no LEO should have any right to come and take my or anyone elses firearms if they are posing no threat to anyone but tresspassers. by trying to take the firearms away from the individual the LEO is in effect taking away that persons ability to defend themselves which makes the LEO a threat to their well being. Wolf and Bruce, i know you disagree with me on this but its the way i see it. like Ozzy said a manditory evacuation is basically the governments way of declaring the area unsafe, so you have informed everyone that it is not a good idea to stick around, your job is done. if someone wants to stay and protect their property with the understanding that the LEO can not promice any more assistance from any one once he leaves than who cares. the person has been informed of the risks and is on thier own.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A gun only offers protection in a civil society. If the presence of guns prevents police or whoever from stepping in to preserve order, then the legitimate gun owner is in trouble too. Luckily, New Orleans didn't get quite that far.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast